This group features images that tell a story or illustrate a story. Thus, you can add your pictures of your OC chasing the villain, or your comic, or you can put up your interpretation of a piece of literature - own or other. But, if a story isn't obvious from the image (for example, because you have just portrayed the main character), make sure to explain the story in the description section of your image. If you illustrate a whole scene, it would be nice to have that scene in the description, with proper citation.
Proper citation of other's stories (text): "[Text]" From: Author, Title of story, Title of book (if from an anthology), Year, Page(s).
Proper citation of films or games or other non-text-content: Description of scene. From: Film/Game, Author or Company, Year.
If you don't know it, look it up. You don't have to give the text to the letter, you may just summarize or outline the scene, but make sure you give the true author credit.
If you write your own story, give a link to it or cite it as above from your own work. Of course, if your image tells a story, you're welcome to write it out in the description!
Please make sure your art is not derogatory, racist, harassing or strips a being of their dignity in any other involuntary way. NSFW art is fine, but there is a line between consensual BDSM and violence / rape. There is no place for the latter here.
While I know that many stories are about conflict and an in some kind violent way to overcome this conflict, there is no place for art depicting violence for the sake of violence, or any other way of hurting somebody just to show the hurt. ESPECIALLY not in a sexual context, or depicting children. Keep it tasteful.
What you may do:
- Post a picture that tells a story (and write it out in the description, if you want)
- Post a picture that illustrates a piece of literature, best with a citation of that scene/story, per link or per proper citation rules
What you may not do:
- Post pictures without a story - no "look, tits / willy", no "oh, just another girl / guy in a random environment with a random expression"
- Re-post other people's work, neither literature nor images. Everything you post has to be your. own. work.
- Post art that is hurtful just to show the hurt, especially, but not limited to rape, racism, gore, harassment or stripping somebody of their dignity.