I got tagged by Shiny for Lucas or Vala so... Here we go.
1. Lucas has fallen asleep numerous times in Naomi's office when cases ran late.
2. As a teenager he mastered astral projection, so there have been times where he's gone into a state of meditation, in order to sneak around places he had no business being, usually to try to help out if he could.
3. As a medical examiner, Lucas tends to have a more emotional approach. Death isn't easy and he knows that every, body has a story to tell. It's only a matter if the dead will speak. (And he always takes at least six showers after a long day at work.)
4. There was one occasion where he came home from work and wound up crying hugging both of his children. He refused to ever tell anyone what he had heard or seen. All they know is he kept repeating "They were just a kid". He had to take a few days off work after that but came back stronger than ever.
5. He's always worried he won't be a good enough parent to his boys.
6. When he was 15 he broke his arm pretty severely, enough he had to have it surgically repaired. He had some strange dreams about the pieces of his bone that had to be replaced haunting him. He wasn't really being haunted, he was just that out of it due to the pain killers messing with his abilities.
7. He sometimes astral projects in order to go read books while the library is closed.
8. By 14 he's pretty chill with Little Guy since his little bro is fine with him.
9. In addition to that, they have some guy days out of the house. Namely, going for hikes far away from the city. Not as many spirits (or rather, forest spirits are just more quiet) so both just spend the time talking, about just about everything from work to girls, to school, to stories about when his dad was young. (Lucas is very glad LG turned out nothing like his parents to say the least. He is very glad to have a last name)
10. Naomi and Lucas got into a very heated debate when it came down to actually having the means to feed Luc's tarantula. Namely she didn't want crickets in her house and Lucas had to prove he knew exactly where to put them so they wouldn't become a bother. The garden shed is basically "tarantula supplies go in there, I don't want anything except the spider in my house."
Part 2: Lucas Miyamoto (Original!Lucas)
1. He was not abused but there is some trauma due to the circumstances regarding what put him in the system. He was a pretty scared little kid.
2. He has one older brother (Hector) who is very protective of him, just wants him to have the best he can in life while both dealing with the strange things their lives hold.
3. They were adopted by a woman known as Naomi Miyamoto who took the boys under her wing. They were a tiny family but they were together and Lucas quickly warmed up to his new mother.
4. He's still trouble incarnate when he's in his pre-teen years. He still plays pranks, stretcher surfs, ect. It's just not to the same extent since that got reined in faster.
5. Luc's closest companion is his big brother. He looks up to him a lot and tries to emulate him sometimes. Hector in turn tries to guide his sibling through life... But even Hector has his pranking streak.
6. Luc's gifts are a bit more violitile here, than in his TC counterpart. He can still see and hear the dead. But those gifts can be warped and messed with. He has latent abilities that aren't quite accomplished yet but he's learning... Or rather they just haven't been triggered yet. Even he doesn't know what'll happen when that's unleashed.
7. He doesn't want to become a medical examiner as an adult. He instead wants to start his own paranormal investigation group and use his gifts to help cross over spirits.
8. When Naomi adopted the boys, she gifted them both pentagram necklaces, just like hers. They never take them off, ever. Lucas would be devastated if he ever lost it.
9. He spends a lot of time playing in the woods, listening to the whispers of the trees and the spirits of the forest. He's always saying he has a lot he can learn from the ancient spirits.
10. He's got a jacket with the emblem for his uncle's paranormal group on it as a "welcome to the family" gift. He doesn't wear it all the time but when it's colder out, he'll always have it on.
So there ya go. Two Luc's
(I can't talk much about Vala. XD; Everything is spoilers.)