The comment in the description about the head was actually about an older version in which I had restored it with the traditional 'unicorn' style crest. The current head is based on the paper you have linked to. But thanks for the link anyway! I need to change the description to make that more clear!
Regarding the tail, I have restored it with a large caudofemoralis muscle. The boundaries of which are determined by the fourth trochanter on the femur and the chevrons running along the tail. The only areas I think I can realistically increase are the lateral expansion of the
caudofemoralis or increase the surrounding ilio-ishiocaudalis. Something I'll look into!
I have been trying to update as many of my older drawings as I can to a more correct understanding of tail musculature. For example here is the original scan version of this image from 2007. i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb…