announced the upcoming release of Adobe Creative Suite, the popular design software suite for print and web creatives. Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium Edition integrates new full-versions of Adobe Photoshop CS2 (image editing), Adobe Illustrator CS2 (drawing and illustration), Adobe InDesign CS2 (page layouts), and Adobe GoLive CS2 (web design).
Also included are Version Cue CS2 (file sharing and versioning), Adobe Acrobat® 7.0 Professional, and the brand new Adobe Bridge, a visual file browser that lets designers easily browse, organize, and process design assets within Adobe Creative Suite 2 software components.
Adobe Creative Suite for Mac OS X version 10.2.8 through 10.3.8, Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2, will begin shipping in May to customers in the United States and Canada. Estimated street price for the Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium Edition is US$1,199 and US$899 for Creative Suite 2 Standard Edition.What's New (from the press release):Adobe Photoshop CS2
Adobe Illustrator CS2
- Custom, task-based workspaces. Reduce onscreen clutter by choosing from task-based workspaces, or create your own with just the tools you need.
- Smart Objects. Perform nondestructive scaling, rotating, and warping of raster and vector graphics with Smart Objects.
- Vanishing Point. Clone, brush, and paste elements that automatically match the perspective of any image area.
- Multiple layer control. Select and move, group, transform, and warp objects more intuitively by clicking and dragging directly on the canvas.
- Spot Healing Brush. Effortlessly retouch photos in a single click.
- Image Warp. Easily create packaging mock-ups or other dimensional effects by wrapping an image around any shape or stretching, curling, and bending an image.
- One-click red-eye correction. Instantly neutralize red eyes with the one-click red-eye correction tool, which lets you set pupil size and darkening level.
- Optical lens correction. Easily correct common lens distortions, such as barrel and pincushion, and fix chromatic aberrations and vignetting.
- Smart Sharpen. Easily counteract common image blurring with fine correction control based on the specific blur types: motion, lens, and Gaussian.
- Special effects filters. Achieve amazing results with more than 95 special effects filters. Easily preview and apply more than one filter at a time from the Filter Gallery.
- Advanced noise reduction. Polish digital photos with advanced noise correction in high-ISO shooting plus JPEG artifact reduction.
- Multitasking. Take advantage of compact floating mode in Adobe Bridge to process images while simultaneously working in Photoshop CS2 or other CS2 applications.
- Web animations. Quickly create dynamic GIF animations-using one or more images-directly within Photoshop CS2 by taking advantage of the new Animations palette and layer palette animation options.
- Multi-image RAW file processing. Process multiple images while you continue working. Import images into your choice of formats, including Digital Negative (DNG). Enjoy automatic adjustments to exposure, shadows, and brightness and contrast.
- 32-bit High Dynamic Range (HDR) support. Create and edit 32-bit images, and combine multiple exposures into a single, 32-bit image with expanded range - from the deepest shadows to the brightest highlights.
Adobe InDesign CS2
- Live Trace. Quickly and accurately convert photos, scans, or other bitmap images to editable and scalable vector paths with the Live Trace feature.
- Live Paint. Apply color to any region or edge and use overlapping paths to create new shapes with the Live Paint tool, which intuitively colors artwork and automatically detects and corrects gaps.
- Expanded stroke options. Control the position of a stroke on a path by choosing centered, inside, or outside.
- Mobile content creation. Optimize rich graphical content for mobile wireless devices by saving artwork in any SVG format, including SVG-t, with improved export options, previewing, and more.
- Control palette. Discover new features and find existing features faster in the context-sensitive Control palette. Eliminate the need for multiple palettes.
- Custom workspaces. Work more efficiently and optimize your screen area using custom workspaces that display only the palettes you need for a specific task.
- Photoshop layer comp support. Control the visibility of layer comps in linked, embedded, or opened Photoshop files from within Illustrator.
- Colorized grayscale. Assign a spot color to a linked, embedded, or opened grayscale image, or even apply a spot color to a drop shadow and be confident that artwork will separate properly when printing.
- Text underline and strikethrough. Easily apply underlining and strikethroughs to any line of text, section of text, or text element.
- Wacom tablet support. Take advantage of pressure-sensitive drawing and erasing with a Wacom tablet, as well as new Intuous3 features like tilt sensitivity.
- Improved Macromedia Flash (SWF) export. Expanded export options and a simplified process make it easier than ever to export your Illustrator artwork to Macromedia Flash (SWF) file format.
Adobe GoLive CS2
- Object styles. Apply and globally update object-level formatting more efficiently using object styles. Save a wide range of graphic, text, and frame-level attributes as object styles to create more consistent designs and speed up production tasks.
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe PDF layer support. Selectively display layers and layer comps in Photoshop files, and layers in Adobe PDF files, to experiment with different design options or use multiple variations of a file in your layout.
- InDesign snippets. Easily export InDesign objects as snippets, which can be shared with colleagues or reused in other documents. When you place or drag a snippet into a layout, InDesign re-creates the original objects, their formatting, and their relative positioning on the page.
- Adobe InCopy CS2 assignments. Assign only the elements of a document that an editor using Adobe InCopy CS2 software needs to work on while you're designing the rest.
- Save backwards to InDesign CS. Export your InDesign CS2 document to the InDesign Interchange (INX) format and open it in InDesign CS for sharing with people still working in the previous version.
- Anchored Objects. Easily anchor callouts, pull quotes, margin notes, and graphics to text. Precisely control the positioning of Anchored Objects, apply text wrap settings, and more.
- Improved Microsoft Word and RTF support. Automatically style Microsoft Word files on import by mapping Word styles to InDesign styles. Also resolve style name conflicts at import, preserve local overrides while removing other formatting, and save Word import settings as presets for future use.
- Paste without formatting. Automatically strip formatting from copy as you paste it from one location to another from a source application such as Microsoft Word. The pasted text then inherits the formatting applied to its new destination.
- Flexible XML support. Import XML files with greater control, including linking to XML content for easier updating. Also apply XML tags to tables, and then import XML content into and export it from those tables.
- Shape-to-shape conversion. Use convenient buttons in the Pathfinder palette to convert an object from one shape to another, such as turning a rectangle into an ellipse of the same size.
- Footnote support. Use dynamic footnotes with your preferred numbering and layout options. Footnotes travel appropriately across columns and pages as text flow changes. Import footnotes from Microsoft Word and RTF text files.
- Color Picker. Use a color picker similar to the one in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator software to visually select RGB, CMYK, or LAB colors.
Related LinksAdobeAdobe Creative Suite 2
- Enhanced live rendering. Preview changes to Web and mobile content in a real-time, integrated engine built on the Opera browser that supports Small-Screen Rendering (SSR).
- Visual CSS layout. Use a visual CSS layout window to create standards-compliant code that renders faithfully on mobile devices and Web browsers. Or, code by hand and verify syntax easily.
- CSS prebuilt block objects. Drag and drop prebuilt CSS elements, such as a three-column layout with fixed right and left columns and a liquid center, to quickly build standards-compliant CSS pages that you populate with text and images.
- CSS element selection tools. Select and manipulate CSS DIVs or their content more easily and efficiently than ever before.
- Batch conversion from HTML to XHTML. Batch convert existing HTML Web pages and sites into more flexible, standards-compliant XHTML Web pages and sites.
- Web-based project conversion to baseline mobile sites. Automatically convert an existing table-based Web site to mobile CSS layout.
- Quick Start developer mode. Open GoLive in a comfortable, code-only mode-great for developers who still want access to GoLive site management features.
- Simple visual tools to build and edit CSS-based pages. Build Web pages that conform to open standards using innovative new visual CSS workflows based on the CSS Editor and CSS prebuilt block objects.
- Visual CSS authoring for mobile devices. Easily author and validate standards-compliant CSS content for mobile devices using simple visual tools.
- Visual SVG-t inspection and authoring for mobile. View SVG-t content in split-view interfaces, enabling art tree, source, and XML outline views and access to an animation scrubbing timeline for rapid development.
- Total site management. Track and manage everything in your site, from assets to links, uploading content using Secure FTP and WebDAV via SSH or SSL. Easily synchronize local and remote files.
- Complete development environment for OMA, W3C, and 3GPP standards. Develop for mobile using global industry standards, including CSS, XHTML, SVG Tiny, SMIL, MPEG-4, and more.
- Automated favicon creation. Reduce the time it takes to create favicons, using an easy drag-and-drop interface.