I already posted this to LJ, but here will probably see a more diverse audience.I'm looking for someplace with a bathtub not attached to the wall. And a bedroom and/or bathroom that could pass as 1930's looking.
For those, I'm looking for somewhere in southern California.
Also for general future reference, I'm wondering what cool (mainly indoor) areas to you guys have access to?
That I could potentially borrow for use for photo shoots. (not limited to SoCal, just places not too far from US conventions.) Could be your home, a relative's place, friend's place, schools, where you work, etc.
Some ideas of what may be relevant:
- Decent size stair cases? Spiral stair cases?
- Chandeliers (or at least moderate epicness )
- Rooms with shiny wood floors and nice curtains with furniture that could be moved. (i.e. to look ballroom-ish)
- fairly clean bedrooms (i.e. guest bed rooms)? Maybe with old-style furniture?
- Classrooms with chairs separate from the desks (example).
- Labs? (I promise we won't touch anything!) Observatories? Linear Accelerators? Machine shops? Carpentry shops? Sewage treatment plants?
- Fancy kitchens
- Cool bathrooms - stand-alone/clawfoot tub (example)? Generally old looking - i.e. small mirror + non-modern looking sink fixtures (example).
- Traditional looking home offices/studies/library (example)
- Dining rooms / breakfast nooks that have a non-modern feel
- recreation spaces such as: pool tables, actual pool, tree house, etc.
- brick walls (more than just a small segment of the wall)
- Roofs in urban area (not indoors, but requires going indoors)
- rooms with tatami mat flooring
- any other randomly cool interior areas?