Because I want to end on a good note, I'll start with the bad.
The Worst of 2015:
- Didn't finish Ao Usagi Tribute Show or Legend of Derp like I planned, nor really any other projects.
- Never finished any of my NaNoWriMo projects and failed NaNoWriMo this year.
- My hideous decline in health from the summer onward, going to the emergency room three times in the span of only four months. Even now, I'm not in perfect condition.
- Losing a couple friends for reasons I will never seem to understand.
- Never got to continue Best Year Ever or Mind Trip, nor finish the guide based on it. Rather ironic, considering that my aim was to make 2015 my best year ever, but I guess the lesson is that no plan ever survives contact with the enemy (and the enemy, in this case, is a sudden decline in health).
The Best of 2015:
- Every. Single. Con. Every one. More details to come.
- Getting to do an impromptu Touhou panel at Ushicon 2015 with Spizzy, right near my house.
- A-Kon 2015. Getting to meet StevosStuff, TTBNC, Ceej39 and Dandric, DeltaAnimations, ChibioChen, Disgaea4everdood Abbster, Seven Colored Magician, and reuniting with LikeThisRLYMatters for a weekend of awesomeness, kicking butt at a maid cafe (we're the freaking Jenga champions, and Tom is a Rock-Paper-Scissors GOD), walking insane distances for burgers, watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show (and getting to do that with Stevo was a real treat), and of course, rocking those panels (and I mean that literally: we came out like freaking rock stars). Also, to whoever lent me that commissar hat at A-Kon, I never got a chance to really thank you for that: I wish I had gotten a photo with you wearing that.
- Launched Kenma The Bear Youkai comic series, and all its surreal wackiness.
- TOUHOUCON 2015. That was the highlight of the year for me. Meeting everyone mentioned above back at A-Kon, all the Redditors, the Touhousubs guy, freaking TAMusic, Noraneko-Sparks, BleachBummer, MiniWitch3, popfan95b and FullHitPoints, Rodie-the-Nightblade and his posse, ExPorygon, ReuniclusX, shad0wtraverse, Cirno84, aussieanimefreak24, Janovasis, keinecat, Toshirin-Akaza (and starting a rather disturbing meme involving us and Nuetella), and all of the people I forgot to mention because there were so many! Awesome panels, awesome games at night, and I was nearly moved to tears when the bunch of us caught Fantasmic at Disneyland. Five years, I never would have imagined something like this could've happened in my wildest dreams, and that night, sitting among my friends over theme park junk food and watching snowflakes fall around us to Frozen's "Let It Go" as fireworks launched overhead, I had found a sense of happiness I had never felt before. I said it before, but I'll say it again: you guys are the best friends I could have ever asked for! I hope to see you all at even more cons in the future!
- Recreating the intro to Gravity Falls with Touhou characters. Special thanks to BiCOV for the inspiration and creation of Gensokyo Falls, plus Kigurou-Enkou for the additional inspiration.
- Finishing the Five Dangerous Months at the Hinata Inn script and having a successful readthrough with HikaruBaskerville-0 (as an awesome Naru), ORT451 (in the main role as Keitaro and milking Su's comedy for all she's worth), and Arugami as various extra roles. Hopefully, if my health improves for 2016, 5DM might materialize.
- Another successful run of Spec Ops: The- HOLY S#!% A GAZELLE!!!, my comedy LP of Spec Ops: The Line, beating last year's stream and resulting in over $100 in military charity funds. Special thanks to everyone who attended and contribution to all the different gags, such as MyonNyanMukyuu and Lafcadio-Yakumo, with the "Blame Adams!" gag and gun-tan gags. You guys were awesome, and I'm glad everyone had as much fun as I was.
- Once again, BleachBummer and I rocked the RPG house with The Grey Garden and Misao, both of which were an absolute blast.
If I missed something or forgot to mention you, please remind me and I'll add you to the list.
Here's to hoping that in 2016, my health gets back enough to make this year seem like nothing. To a much better 2016!