THE BASICS: write a Christmas/Holiday wish list. It can be any 10 wishes you'd like to have granted, no matter what they are. Possible or seemingly impossible. People look and grant the wishes if they can. It's not about "OMFG PRESENTS", it's about making someone else's holiday a little brighter by giving. Personally, I feel like I get more by giving, more than receiving. Its the idea of brightening someones day that really works for me.
** Make a post in your journal. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
** If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. In this case, you can always just note someone on dA.
** Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your journal, so that others can join in and participate to spread the holiday joy!
** Surf around your friend list to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
** If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
** You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
NOW LET'S SEE IT!
1. Id love for it to snow. I spent a year up in Montana, and after living my entire life in Texas, I do believe Ive been spoiled. And my wish isnt solely for me. I know several other people who long for it desperately, especially nayruasukei. If I could make it snow for one given person, itd be for her.
2. I think, more than any materialistic present, I would much rather prefer to make some friends on dA. I talk to some people occasionally, and shy of three people, only one of whom Ive actually spent time with, I know no one here. Its a big world on deviantart, and Id love some friends.
3. I wish there was some way I could improve on my art skills. They always say practice makes perfect, but gentle guiding hands and helpful hints are always much appreciated. Pretty much what Im saying is that Id love for an experienced artist to show me the ropes, show me the does and donts.
4. For SEVERAL years, now, Ive been in love with the Legend of Zelda series. And, big surprise, Im madly in love with Link. I would absolutely adore his hat. The Twilight Princess version is absolutely stunning, as is Nayruasukeis design shown in her tutorial here, nayruasukei.deviantart.com/art…
. Her hat is absolutely GORGEOUS.
5. Ive always been a huge fan of corsets, I wear them whenever I have a chance to, but alas, with growth spurts and, dare I say it?, puberty, Im having a hard time fitting into the Hot Topic corsets from highschool. Corsets are one of the few feminine things I indulge myself in, and I desperately need a piratey one for the Renaissance festival I attend every spring. Cant go to Scarby topless, right?
6. Ive always been a big fan of hand made jewelry, and HATS. I like the idea of having a uniquely crafted piece and knowing no one else has one quite like mine. I love stones, crystals, crescent moons and stars. Id love to get into the art, and I always cherish whatever comes my way. I love hats, but it's hard to find one that's REALLY comfy and looks good. I fell in LOVE with the grey/white fuzzness here www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?…
. To be honest, what with winter coming, I think this (or that AWESOME Link hat mentioned earlier) would be a really fitting and ADORED gift.
7. I would absolutely LOVE to have some thigh high boots. Black boots are just so friggin sexy, I wouldnt mind TOO terribly the heels on them. Boots are one of my vices..
8. My family desperately wants and needs a female manx kitten, preferably a long hair. We need a hunter for all of our mice, and we all feel the absence of having a kitten around the house. This would be one of the top ones in my wishlist, I know I wouldnt be the only one in my family of five whod be overjoyed to have a kitten. Manx cats are absolutely amazing and loveable cats, as you can read for yourself here, www.buzzle.com/articles/manx-c…
9. I collect hoodies (when I can) and sadly, my last and utterly favorite glow in the dark starburst black hoodie is falling apart. I love fun, and odd hoodies, and I saw this AMAZING template for a Zelda hoodie, the hood of which was Links hat. It made me geekgasm. X3
10. I would desperately love to get a chance to see some of my friends out of state. I have friends in Kentucky, Montana, and most are in Colorado. My jeep cannot make the drive to and from Colorado, so well hafta fly, and its a bit costly. My oldest friend lives there, and I desperately wish to see her sometime in the near future, even be it in Spring.
Please make this list too so I can hopefully make a wish come true for you! The link to post your wish in the forum thread is footer of this journal. Please be sure to copy it to your list too so we keep them all together!!
NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE A LIST AND WANT TO SHARE IT OR WANT TO GO MAKE SOMEONE'S HOLIDAYS AND GRANT A WISH, GO HERE: [link]