edit: Due to the lack of specific controls within dforce, I had to remove the "high collar" fabric from this version of the dress. This is a terrible double entendre, but I couldn't get it to stay up...
For anyone who downloads the file:Contents are:
A full d'force file setup ready for use after unzipping and copy/pasting the contents appropriately. Copy the contents of the folder titled 'data' into your Daz 'data' folder and the 'People' folder somewhere you'll remember for import into Daz.Here are some of the basics
1. This is just the dress. It is d'force, but it's not perfect (it's free, after all). I haven't noticed any "explosion" issues, but the dress may not agree with the more extreme bends. Feel free to tweak as necessary...
--1.a. It's still just the dress. Which is still fairly long. I still recommend your model wear heels. Flats still won't do...
One thing I've noticed will help in the simulation: When doing the d'force simulation setup, hide the heels until after you've done the simulation. You may need to do some tweaking to get the dress to drape right without poke through. Or just fix poke through in post.
2. It only has the default texture that Marvelous Designer exports with the files. You're on your own for the texturing...
4. The dress polygons are squares, so there are some minor "dimples" with some of the drapes.
5. The dress is fairly high poly, however, I've noticed that smoothing is required. I've taken the liberty of setting that in the files, so you should be good to go.
6. I've also taken the liberty of setting the Contraction-Expansion Ratio to 90% to better simulate the results of the full dynamic version I upload next, tweak as needed.
7. This is a somewhat conforming item, but it's not very well done without the d'force simulation present.
8. This DOES require Daz version 4.10. If you're still on 4.9 I cannot guarantee success. I've heard it's possible, but I didn't try...
9. If you use the dress in a render, please credit me here on DA! (optional, but I'd like to see what you do with it
This is a free file, so it may need some tweaking from both our ends. If you run into issues not being able to open the files in Daz, let me know. If it's something I can fix, I will fix it and re-upload. I unfortunately do not have the time to walk you through the processes for tweaking the cloth drapes and settings.
Hope you enjoy the dress, and please let me see what you do with it!