Further to yesterday's introduction to the Community Relations Traditional Team's newly launched project "TradSavvy", we are pleased to present to you how this project shall commence.
- There will be two parts to Project TradSavvy - Part I will cover two-dimensional art, Part II on sculptures. The following concerns only Part I of the project.</i>
- There will be a total of 6 articles, posted on a bi-weekly basis.
- Each article will cover either one, or a combination of two similar mediums.
- A guest artist will be featured for each article, with 3 or 5 of their work showcased, followed with an interview consisting of around 5 to 7 questions.
- The interview will cover, in a concise yet substantial manner, how an interested individual new to a specific medium can go about starting out.
- The following items shall be covered in each interview: Estimated budget, comparisons between the different spectrum of tools and products that can be or are generally used for the specific medium, a recommended shopping list, etc.
- At the very end of of the 6th article, a grand finale article will be issued... and this is where you come in...The 7th final article for Part 1 of Project TradSavvy will feature, from a selection, new works posted by deviants who were inspired by our articles to try out something new. These works will be sorted by category in correspondence to the mediums covered in each article.
Fun, yes? We thought so We will not be disclosing what mediums will be featured or which guest artists will appear... don't want to ruin the surprise.
Take care, and stay tuned!
Cool! Just offering, but I'd be more than happy to help with watercolor/gouache/ink.
G'luck with the articles!
G'luck with the articles!
I'm too curious
Keeping my fingers crossed
I'm so excited!
can't wait! this sounds like epic-ness in the making.
UR MOM'S A SURPRISE
This sounds really exciting!
I can't wait for more Katie
This is a really good idea. I can't wait untill it gets started!
You know what? I don't see any reason why there can't be more than 2 parts for this project. There's just so much that can be explored with traditional mediums that even nailing -what- mediums to cover for two-dimensional work alone was tricky. SO YES. LET'S DO MORE.
Imma make one for the 7th
I'm so looking forward to reading these articles and I'm definitely participating in the closure project.
ooh good luck! It'll be of win
i'll really be looking forward on this project
I'm sure the project will inspire and encourage people to try new things or to go back to creating different mediums of art.
i like the 7th article part
This sounds amazing!
aww damn. I missed a blockquote. Gay.