You see most people focus on the same thing, What characters are most certainly absolutely going to be in the game just because I want them or Which characters do I want to be in the game. Sometimes people discuss the potential for 3DS content, mostly stages, to come to this deluxe version of Smash 4 or Smash 5. There are some things that some people don't discuss really. I'd like to do just that.
What about sideways Joy-cons, however? Could these small controllers take on the new (awful) controller setup that the sideways Wiimotes were? I believe so. With the two shoulder buttons, analog stick, and four face buttons, all Smash 4 functions could be done, although taunting may be awkwardly locked to pressing two buttons simultaneously like the Wiimote had.
The other thing to think about is the Wiimote and Nunchuck. Although it isn't my preferred controller setup, for many who started playing Smash Bros with Brawl are most comfortable with the Wiimote and Nunchuck. It is all but guaranteed that we'll see the Gamecube controllers be compatible but what about the second most popular controller setup? I have doubts that the Wiimotes in any form will be compatible with the Switch game, but could two separated Joy-cons take the place of this setup? Well it would not be exact with button placement, but it could very well work. Whether Shake-to-Smash would work on the Joy-cons, I'm not sure, but I would think so, but we can only wait to see.
Finally, could the 3DS be compatible for a controller? It's an easy extra controller for the system and great for those who were used to playing the 3DS version. I firmly believe that the 3DS communication feature will be absent between the Switch version and the 3DS version except for this controller feature.
Small Additions I want to see
- Kid Cobra - Arms
- Any of the Champions - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Octoling - Splatoon
- Melia - Xenoblade Chronicles
- Funky Kong - Donkey Kong Country
- Lumen Sage - Bayonetta
- Rambi - Donkey Kong Country
- Captain Toad - Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- Red Bulborb - Pikmin
- Works as a bomb in someways. Is throwable and has periodic electrical surges. These surges can shock the holder of it too if not timed well.
- Hops a little and pummels any nearby players.
- Stays wherever it is release and causes significant damage to any player who touches it.
- Fires arrows that have a meteor smash effect.
- Spins around using Darkest Lariat. Similar to Mega Man's dash attack.
- Sings waves that do light damage but push players away with great force.
- Hurts when touched. Does one giant chomp that does massive damage after remaining still for a while.
- Jumps high and does a forceful kick, targeting players. This happens three times.
- Remains still for short time before taking off like a rocket, bringing any players it takes with it offscreen.
- Necrozma: Fires a Photon Geyser that is similar to Deoxys in Brawl
Alternate Skins & Colors:
- Daisy - Peach
- Pink Gold Peach - Peach's Metal Form
- Breath of the Wild Outfit - Zelda (Assuming this is happening with Link in his)
- Hyrule Warriors Outfit - Ganondorf
- Outset Island Outfit - Toon Link
- Power Suit - Samus
- Detective Pikachu - Pikachu
- Actual Shiny colorings for all playable Pokemon (Cmon Lucario, Charizard, Greninja)
Bosses (If any type of Adventure mode is present):
- Zygarde - Pokemon
- Fawful - Mario and Luigi
- Hedlok - Arms
- Dr. Eggman - Sonic
- Hinox - The Legend of Zelda
- King K. Rool - Donkey Kong
- King Boo - Luigi's Mansion
- Andross - Star Fox
- King Hippo - Punch-Out!!
- DJ Octavio - Splatoon
- Bahamut SIN - Final Fantasy
- Dr. Wiley - Mega Man
New Final Smashes:
- Mario - I honestly cannot think of anything that isn't too much like Cappy capture, but anything that isn't his current one.
- Kirby - Robobot Suit
- Donkey Kong - Animal Buddy Attack
- Link - 4 Divine Beasts
- Falco - Arwing
- Lucas - PK Love
- Samus - Melee Counter
- King Dedede - Buff Dedede Punch
MiisAs a big fan of the Mii Fighters, I would like to see some expansion on the customization of these fighters. I believe most of this is a stretch, but I would like to see:
At least one new classI don't see a lot that they could do that is outside the three established classes, but I'll get to that. One of the only ones that I do think could work is a mage/magic user class.
More move options than the standard 3For the normal roster, I think 2 custom variants plus their original move for each special is fair. However, I believe the Miis deserve at least 5 total variants for each special. Brawlers could use sport inspiration in some of their moves. Swordfighters could have more sword-based attacks but also more attacks based on ninjas, samurai, and warriors. Gunners could use more technological weapons such as tracking bombs, lasers, and drones. If a mage class was brought to the game, there are a plethora of magic based attacks that could be created, for attacking, defending, and also healing/stat changing.
Many more costumes (and colors)While a large library of headgear is present in Smash 4, the body gear library is very small for each class. In addition, I think more color options for certain costumes would be very nice as well.
What would you like to see in Smash Bros for Switch? Yes, I have characters and stages I want to see. However, what smaller additions or changes would you like to see?