Ever wonder why Gobber believed Hobgobblers were a bad omen?
Another epic speculation upon the various nemeses of Gobber's existence. This time Stoick is being dragged along for the ride through a murky swamp in the heart of Hobgobbler territory.
Stoick and Gobber have that long shared history; they have the best mates at work dynamic, the four o'clock beers and a yarn. They are a classic duo ripe for classic adventures grounded in a sense of normality for their crazy world.
On a technical aspect, I tried to follow some the ideas of Roger Deakins regarding lighting and atmosphere. The sole source of light emanates from the torch but there is enough residual that the swamp isn't lost to complete darkness.
Onto the Discover your Duo Questions.
What is your favourite species of dragon?
- Tough question to ask and as much as the mainstream dragons are exciting, I quite like the Windwalker from Cressida's Books; he felt gentle and wondrous gracing the skies for leagues without ever touching the ground.
What are some unlikely duos that you have discovered?
- Unlikely in terms of unconventional or surprising... In the HTTYD universe, the Twins in of themselves are a catalyst for the unknown.
- In the real world, cheese cubes and carrot sticks. It should not go untried.
What was once a Hidden World for you and what did you discover?
- A gully down the paddock had natural clay walls that could be sculpted with.
- Otherwise I have a universe in my but a particular spot I come to clearly is an outcropping overlooking a farming cooperative district. It's calm and emotionally charged.