Time to look back and look forward. Going to focus on art and this site only.
Let's look at last year's resolutions and see how they worked out:
1. Finishing the remaining 4 chapters of "It's Educational!".
Done! 7 chapters, about 150 plus some additional pages in total. Posted on Tumblr, so there was evidence. Haven't got around to repost it elsewhere though, and quite frankly, I'm in no hurry. But hell, it feels good to complete a large project!
2. Finishing some of my scraps and ideas.
Yeah... not as much as i would have liked. Working on it though.
3. Cleaning up my dA gallery.
Actually started this today. I've deleted some of my older cringier drawings, and also some things with photographic backgrounds (I might redraw some of them though). I also deleted all kiribans and requests. If you've requested something from me in the past and want a copy of it, drop a note and I'll make a stash for you.
4. 2D animations.
Yeah... haven't got around to it. From what I've seen on Youtube, this is actually quite complex and time-consuming. Maybe next year, but no promises!
5. I've actually finished another project in 2018 which I'm very proud of: Kinktober. A sketch a day for the month of october with a kinky theme. I was bloody pleased to pull this off. None of it was fit for dA though lol.
Plans for 2019:
0. Git gud at art. I know this is trivial, but actively working on large projects made me realize where improvements can be made. And weirdly enough after decades of figure drawing it's mostly anatomy, so I'm going to spend some extra attention on that!
1. "It's Educational!" continues with a sports calendar. A monthly drawing of the main character Maggie performing some sport. This actually fits nicely with the previous point.
2. The demise of Tumblr is actually a blessing in disguise, because this gives me time to finally finish some scraps which have been lying around for months, or even for years. Some big works coming up!
3. 2D Animations in CSP (maybe).
4. With "It's Educational!" done and finished I might actually start a new comic, this time without the sexy porn. I still have a decades old idea I need to start, a fantasy story in the vein of Conan and Red Sonja. With everything I learned I'm actually gonna start some preproduction (character designs, storyboard, thumbnails etc.)
Actually there is a chance I will leave DeviantArt this year. If Eclipse is going to suck hard enough I will. If DeviantArt is going to pull a Tumblr and decides to become a family friendly safe space (yuck) I will. If Article 13 is going to crack hard on fan-art, which it might due to the way it is written, I will. Let's hope none of this happens, shall we?
Cheers and happy new year!Flar.