This is a copy paste from the Mandelbulb3D group.
Mandelbulb 3D - Version 1.8.6beta-2 test Released!
by =MarkJayBee, 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
Journals / Personal
Tah-Dah!! After many long months in seclusion, Jesse has released a new, beta version of Mandelbulb 3D: v1.8.6beta-2 test!!
This is just the executable and readme; get it at: [link]
(You will need to have installed the full version 1.8.2 x1: [link] prior to adding this update)
As always, in Jesse's own words:
"Ok, this is for those who like testing, only the executable with readme included, save your current program first when replacing it with this version....
What's new in version 1.8.6beta-2 test:
- Fixed issues in the navigator and lighting.
- 'Smooth' option when calculating only one hard shadow.
- New but slow monte carlo rendering method.
- Author names can be inserted into the parameter, look in 'Infos' tab.
- Support for loading 48 bit PNG maps and background pics.
- Exchanged the png unit with the old one because of reported saving issues.
- Preview images in the loading dialog for m3i (if images are stored in).
- Background images are displayed in the navigator.
- Some minor changes."
Great to see the man himself back in the drivers seat again!!
As always, don't forget to regularly check for the latest updates to Dark-Beam's formula pack - 'new fmlas.zip'
which can be downloaded from: [link]