© 2014 - 2020 skarzynscy
In 1959 the cemetery archaeological excavations took place, during which found hundreds of stone tombstones, 700 stelae and sarcophagi. The cemetery was renovated. In the inner part of the wall panels built into fragments of tombstones, creating the so-called. Wailing Wall. The oldest preserved tombstone is from 1552.
The oldest Jewish cemetery in Cracow and one of the oldest in Europe, founded in 1535.
4611x3167px 9.34 MB
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Featured in collections