The NPC's HandbookThe NPC's Handbook
So you want to be an NPC? Perhaps you want to help the heroes in some way? This helpful list of tips, guidelines and rules will aid you on your path to a town's person.
For those who may not know, an NPC is a non-player character.
Note: This list is most applicable for RPG NPCs, but all may benefit.
1. Regular Townsperson. You must pace about one area of the town and never actually go anywhere. Walk without a purpose.
2. If you don't want to walk around you may simply stand in one place.
3. Those inside, stay inside. Those outside, stay outside. Never move from inside a house to the outside or vice versa. The only exception to this rule is if you are important and are giving the heroes some sort of warning or are related to a quest.
4. When the heroes talk to you, repeat your dialogue. You can only have up to three sets of lines. Even if what you are saying makes no se
Interview with SiverCatInterview of SiverCat
Hi, we're here live, to bring you this exclusive interview with the writer and artist SiverCat.
SiverCat is a 19-year-old girl in her first year of college. She has been a member of deviantArt for three months.
Interviewer: So, SiverCat, why don't we start with your name? Just where did you come up with Siver Cat?
SiverCat: Um Well, it all started with me trying to decide what to use. I thought Siver sounded cool and was unique.
Interviewer: Really? We have some sources here that seem to indicate
SiverCat: Okay, okay! It was, um, a typo okay? I didn't notice It was supposed to be SilverCat.
Interviewer: Well, how interesting. Now, would you mind telling our audience where you live?
SiverCat: Canada. Always have and probably always will.
Interviewer: Well, now, let's start on your art. You have been writing a lot lately.
The Minion's HandbookThe Minion's Handbook
Arch Villainy is not for everyone. There are some that prefer the role of minion for various reasons. Perhaps they prefer to follow or maybe they have come to realise that they have a slightly higher survival chance. Whatever the cases if you want to be a minion, then follow these tips, guidelines and rules to be the kind if minion you wish to be.
Note: These are most applicable for RPG minions, but all may benefit.
You must decide what kind of minion you want to be. There are different rules depending on your chosen path.
1) Choose your style of laughter. This is highly important. Also remember to laugh loudly and maniacally.
2) Have your own agenda. This may fit in with the Arch Villain's plans or you have the option of using him to further your own needs.
3) Have an obsession. This can be anything, but you must be obsessed.
4) Do not fight the heroes in your ow
Handbook Staff Letter RepliesThe Handbook Staff Letter Replies
The replies from the Handbook Staff to the letters written to them by the readers of the Handbook Series.
Dear Skull Eater,
We are pleased to hear the Monster's Handbook has been such a big help. In answer to your question, the heroes have something called a save point. This will allow them to continually come back, no matter how many times you have defeated them.
Congratulations on becoming the monster you wished to be.
The Handbook Staff
Dear Jade Curtiss,
We are sorry to hear that you did not find The Companions' Handbook useful, however many other companions have greatly benefited from it. Its purpose was not to be entertaining and we hope that you do not prevent others wishing to be companions from getting the benefits of this book.
The Handbook Staff
Dear Colette Brunel,
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed and benefited from the Companions' Handbook.
Handbook Letter Replies 2More Letter Replies to The Handbooks
We have received more letters from our readers. These are their stories.
Greetings from the Great Dist the Rose
I read the so-called Villain's Handbook. It was a load of drivel. I could have done far better than this ill attempt clearly created by those of inferior intellect! First, what is this about recruiting minions?! Why would anyone have minions when they can make them? Minions can't be trusted to stay faithful just like that traitor, Jade! I create my minions. They are far more efficient and listen to my every word. Second, why would I stoop so low as to fight Jade's group myself? That is why I created my beautiful Kaiser Dists! You have even managed to miss several important parts! What about the sheer power of intelligence? The glory of beauty?! Vengeance!!! How dare