Greetings, fellow members!
In order to keep our gallery organised and make it easier to navigate for other members and visitors, we’ve decided to bring back the summary page for fan fiction submissions to our Parma (Writings) gallery.
So from now on, it will be necessary to submit a summary first and independently from the main work. This summary submission will be used by admins to judge whether fan fictions comply with the club’s rules and can therefore be accepted.
** Example of SUMMARY:
- WORK TITLE - My Silmarillion Fic
- AUTHOR - BlahBlah of the Falas
- GENERAL RATING: Mature
- GENRE - Comedy, Romance
- TIME SCOPE - I-II Age
- CANON/ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE: AU
- RELATIONSHIPS/PAIRINGS - Maedhros/OFC, Celebrimbor/OFC, Galadriel/Obi-wan Kenobi
- ADDITIONAL TAGS: Star Wars Crossover
- WARNINGS - Graphic depictions of violence, Character death
- CHAPTERS - 8 /15
- COMPLETE - N
- RELATED ARTWORK - (if there is any cover artwork, post link here)
- SHORT SUMMARY: Write a short summary (just a few lines will suffice) explaining what the story is about.
Once the fan fiction is accepted, EVERY CHAPTER submitted must include before the main text, Chapter Rating, Warnings and Related Artwork information for that chapter.
**Example of Summary before each chapter:
CHAPTER 6 - "MAEDHROS FINDS LOVE IN TATOOINE" by BlahBlah of the Falas.
- CHAPTER RATING - GA (General Audiences)
- WARNINGS - Graphic depictions of violence
- RELATED ARTWORK - (if there is any chapter artwork post links here)
All this additional information will prove very helpful to admins and readers alike, and therefore worth the extra effort made by fan fiction writers.
Below you have information on Genres, Ratings, Warnings, etc... commonly used in fan fiction. Most of you will already be familiar with these, but just in case, just to get you started:
LIST OF LITERARY COMMON GENRES:
LIST of RATINGS (from Archive of Our Own - archiveofourown.org/faq/tutori…)
- General Audiences - Suitable for anyone: kids, teenagers, sensitive people.
- Teen And Up Audiences - Inappropriate for audiences under 13
- Mature - Adult themes (sex, violence, etc.) not graphically described.
- Explicit - Adult themes with graphic sexual or violent content
LIST of WARNINGS:
- Explicit Sex
- Non-Consensual Sex/Rape
- Character Death
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Mental Health Issues
EXAMPLES OF ADDITIONAL TAGS:
- POV First Person
- Character x Reader Fiction
- OOC (Out of Character) ..
As a final note, please bear in mind when submitting your literary work that the general club rules for submissions still apply.
If you have any doubt, do not hesitate to ask
in common genre they are fantasy, fantastic and science fiction
That's just a list a some of the common genres in Literature. Those you mention are sub-genres of Fiction. Fantasy and Fantastic are the same thing, and also, since it's Middle-earth, Fantasy is implicit
OCC (Out of Character)?
Shouldn't it be OOC?
Shouldn't it be OOC?