First impressions: Woah... what?
Second impressions: Huh... this is interesting.
So yeah, I'm testing the new Eclipse layout. Unexpectedly, I'm not down about it. It's certainly confusing at first, but everything I need and like about the site is still there, it just takes a little while to find it. And there's a little more in fact.
YOU CAN DELETE COMMENTS!! ANY COMMENTS!!
- YES!! THANK YOU!! It's so much better that I can completely rid myself of nasty comments, rather than just hide them, but still see them there, staining my comments section.
- I definitelly like the dark color scheme. Easier on the eyes. And if you DON'T like it, you can turn it off.
- I have polls again. I might be going insane, but I was sure I stopped having access to these when my core membership ran out, but now it seems like it's a standard feature for everyone.
- I like the "cover image" idea. Kind of like Twitter. I'll have to tweak with it a bit until I get something I'm happy with.
- Images and GIFs now seem a lot easier to embed into journals and such. Time for best pony to pop in...
Definitely like that, though it seems the gifs are only through GIPHY.
There are some things that need to be polished up. For example, I was browsing through my old journals in Eclipse, but there wasn't a link that let me go back to all of them. Or at the very least, if there is, I couldn't find it. So I hit the back button and was sent to the Non-Eclipse version of the page.
I do admit, I miss having pages of comments and faves. In Eclipse, it's in the style of scrolling down for infinity until you finally get to the bottom, which I have never really liked in any website. But whatever. At the end of the day though, I could definitely get used to it. So if this is just a pre-test of a future permanent update, it would be the end of the world for me.
What are y'all's thoughts?