This goes for all members and there's a part for admins here too, so READ UP, and please follow the rules!
Due to a steady influx of lower quality posters, and a general lack of action towards the Beginner's Folder project, I've decided to change things up a bit...
TO ALL MEMBERS|
* In order to submit to any of the categories (save one, as I'll explain), your poster will need to meet certain qualifications in order to be accepted.
1. A limit of 3 posters per week, which means if you submit 3 at once, only one will be accepted. This is to prevent one author from flooding the folder, and limiting the exposure of other artists.
2. There are certain quality restrictions to submitting anything here, and that is your poster must be "good". This is a little up to the judgement of the experienced sfm'ers that man the admin positions, as writing it down is difficult. Good generally means custom posing, good lighting, and well constructed scenes, which in turn means no stock poses or no lighting!
3. If your poster doesn't meet these requirements, it will be turned down. HOWEVER! If you so choose, the admins that voted will tell you the reason of denial. Be prepared that they will be required to be constructive, but still honest...
4. There are slight exceptions, however. If your posters meet all but one of the requirements, it still can be accepted. This is again up to the judgement of the admins.
TO ALL ADMINS|
* Make sure to read this it too, members! If an admin is breaking any of these rules, I or other admins need to know about it to do something about it!
1. Be kind. Of course, you'll still need to be honest and stick to our quality rules. I'll be leaving it up to you to discern the appropriate balance of the two.
2. Leave personal beliefs or opinions out of your voting decisions, using only your experience in sfm to properly judge entries. We don't want vendettas or dislikes for a certain method of poster to prevent artists from getting exposure...
3. RESPECT THE RULES! They apply to you as well! So no voting on your own entries!!
4. I trust that each of you will help me properly manage this group well and right. DO NOT make me doubt that trust, as I take artist exposure very seriously, and do NOT tolerate unfair treatment/abuse of the rules and I WILL crack down on you...
THE FUTURE OF THE BEGINNER'S CORNER|
In light of the slow progress of the idea of the corner, I'm changing the rules.
1. You now can only submit ONE entry to the folder weekly, instead of 3, since 3 ends up scaring away admins.
2. Keep in mind that admins WILL be honest in their assessment of said entry, both the good AND the bad, so pick and choose your best entries for submission as this will help accent what you're good at.
3. TO ADMINS - MAKE SURE TO STATE BOTH THE GOOD AND THE BAD OF POSTERS! Your job is to provide constructive criticism, not overtly harsh reviews or mothering but a balance of the two sides.
4. Be sure to try advancing your skills before you submit your next entry, as so to avoid the same review. This might mean you'll need to wait more than a week to submit more posters, but learning new skills never comes easy or fast. Be patient!
5. There is quality restrictions on submissions to this folder, but they're a lot less severe than the other folders are. Keep in mind, however, that if your poster IS denied, that does mean you need some serious improvement. Most entries are treated as if you've had about 10hrs experience using sfm...
GENERAL RULES AND CHANGES|
We'll be having a tutorial folder for older sfm artists to submit their tutorials and advice into! This is limited to advice about sfm, and not "how to build my characters" stuff.
Since this is a very new thing, it'll be empty for a little while. If you're an admin and you either have to reject an entry for quality reasons, or are commenting on something in the Beginner's Corner, be sure to provide links to tutorials that you know could be helpful for the artist.
BE NICE, FOR GABEN'S SAKE! This goes out to all of you, admins and members alike! Toxicity never helps ANYONE! If your entry was denied, it was for a logical reason, so please try not to get all up in a huff over it!
Have fun! Don't be discouraged if your entry isn't accepted, it's not the end of the world! Keep believing in yourself and keep practicing at improving your skills and one day you will be great! Remember: We ALL started somewhere!
That's all for now, folks...