2. - Ink can be water-soluble or, unlike watercolor, waterproof. Once dried out, it stays where you left it, it doesn't run away from you!
3. - Ink can be watered down and used as washes, just like watercolor, but it can be used at full strength, achieving more consistent results!
4. - Ink, when dried on paper, results in a very appealing velvety surface.
5. - Ink is in many cases a lot cheaper than watercolor, even school quality (very cheap) inks bring lovely and very satisfactory results.
6. - Inks are colorful! Forget the black ink, you will be able to buy whole variety of colored inks. Also, you can mix them together to create many more colors & hues!
7. - White ink is a perfect assistant in many other techniques, use it to create highlights and special effects!
8. - Ink does not stink! Yet, avoid staining your clothes, you might have troubles getting rid of them...
9. - Available acrylic ink can be even used on canvas!
Vote at our INK OR WATERCOLOR? poll!
Ink & watercolor, tea, other media
9 Reasons to PAINT WITH WATERCOLOR