Step 1: Put your iPod/MP3 player or iTunes on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from. Those guessing the songs should post in the comments. (I'll give you a llama if you guess correctly xD)
Step 4: Post it in the Artist's comments when someone's guessed the correct song, and put in the title and artist name.
Step 5: (for those guessing the songs) If you look up the lyrics on Google or any other search engine, that's called cheating, so don't do it!
1. All day, staring at the ceiling, making friends with shadows on my wall. All night, hearing voices telling me that I should get some sleep because tomorrow might be good for something. Hold on, I'm feeling like I'm heading for a breakdown, and I don't know why.
-Unwell by Matchbox 20
2. I'm fifteen for a moment. Caught in between ten and twenty, and I'm just dreaming, counting the ways to where you are. I'm twenty two for a moment. She feels better than ever, and we're on fire, making our way back from Mars.
-100 Years by Five For Fighting
3. And even though the moment passed me by, I still can't turn away. 'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose, got tossed along the way. Letters that you never meant to send, get lost or thrown away.
4. Who knows how long I've been awake now? The shadows on my wall don't sleep. They keep calling me, beckoning. Who knows what's right? The lines keep getting thinner. My age has never made me wise. But I keep pushing on and on and on and on.
Nothing Left To Say by Imagine Draons
5. So close, no matter how far. Couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trusting who we are. And nothing else matters. Never opened myself this way. Life is ours, we live it our way. All these words, I don't just say. And nothing else matters.
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
6. When dreaming, I'm guided to another world, time and time again. At sunrise, I fight to stay asleep, 'cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place. 'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape from the life I live when I'm awake. So let's go there. Let's make our escape. C'mon let's go there. Let's ask can we stay?
7. This one's of you, taking your pills. Sometimes forget, and that's okay, I guess. This one's of me, at my sister's wedding day. All my faces, they were all wasted. You're barely breathing I know. What if it's starting to show? And I know it won't ever change but it hurts the same.
8. It's like a storm that cuts a path. It breaks your will; it feels like that. You think you're lost, but you're not lost on your own. You're not alone. I will stand by you. I will help you through. When you've done all you can do, and you can't cope.
9. I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind. I left my body lying somewhere in the sands of time. But I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon. I feel there is nothing I can do.
-Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
10. I'm waking up at the start of the end of the world. But it's feeling just like every other morning before. Now I wonder what my life is gonna mean if it's gone. The cars are moving like a half a mile an hour and I started staring at the passengers waving goodbye. Can you tell me what was ever really special about me all this time?
-How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20
11. It's getting late, and I cannot seem to find my way home tonight. Feels like I am falling down a rabbit hole. Falling for forever, wonderfully wandering alone. What would my head be like if not for my shoulders or without your smile. May it follow you forever. May it never leave you to sleep in the stone. May we stay lost on our way home.
12. When the days are cold. And the cards all fold. And the saints we see are all made of gold. When your dreams all fail. And the ones we hail are the worst of all. And the blood runs stale. I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you. But with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide.
-Demons by Imagine Dragons
13. She's watching the taxi driver, he pulls away. She's been locked up insider her apartment a hundred days. She says, "Yeah he's still coming , just a little bit late. He got stuck at the Laundromat, washing his cape."
Waiting For Superman by Daughtry
14. Here the sound of the falling rain, coming down like an Armageddon flame. The shame, the ones who died without a name. Hear the dogs howling out of key to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery'. And bleed, the company who lost the war today.
-Holiday by Green Day
15. You thought, by now, you'd have it figured out. You can't erase the way it pulls when seasons change. It hurts sometimes to find where you begin. You are perfect porcelain. The slow and simple melody, of tears you cannot keep from me. It's alright if you don't know what you need.
16. There are things in life you'll learn, and in time you'll see. 'Cause out there somewhere, it's all waiting, if you keep believing. So don't run, don't hide. It will be alright. You'll see, trust me. I'll be there watching over you.
17. I am a question to the world. Not an answer to be heard, or a moment that's held in your arms. And what do you think you'd ever say? I won't listen anyway. You don't know me, and I'll never be what you want me to be.
18. Please come now, I think I'm falling. I'm holding onto all I think is safe. It seems I found the road to nowhere, and I'm trying to escape. I yelled back when I heard thunder, but I'm down to one last breath. And with it let me say. Let me say...
19. I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons. Finally content with a past I regret. I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness. For once I'm at peace with myself. I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long.
20. Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry. You don't know how lovely you are. I had to find you, tell you I need you. Tell you I set you apart. Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions. Oh let's go back to the start. Running in circles, coming up tails. Heads on a science apart.
-The Scientist by Coldplay
21. All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door. I hate to wake you up to say goodbye. But the dawn is breaking, it's early morn. The taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn. Already so lonesome I could die.
-Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver
22. A long, long time ago, I can still remember how that music used to make me smile. And I knew if I had my chance, that I could make those people dance and maybe they'd be happy for a while. But February made me shiver with every paper I'd deliver. Bad news on the doorstep, I couldn't take one more step.
-American Pie by Don Mclean
23. Someone told me long ago, there's a calm before the storm. I know it's been coming for some time. When it's over, so they say, it'll rain a sunny day. I know, shining down like water.
-Have You Ever Seen The Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival
24. Looking back at the beginning of this, and how life was just you and me and loving all of our friends, living life like an ocean. But now the currents slowly pulling me down, it's getting harder to breathe. It won't be too long, and I'll be the one under. Can you save me from this?
25. Close your eyes, I know what you see. The darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep. But we've survived, more terrible monsters than sleep, and you know I will be there to tell you to breathe.
26. And you ask me what I want this year. And I try to make this kind and clear. Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days. 'Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings. Or designer love and empty things. Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days.
27. I was down at the New Amsterdam staring at the yellow-haired girl. Mr. Jones strikes up a conversations with this black-haired flamenco dancer. She dances while his father plays guitar. She's suddenly beautiful.
-Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
28. Hey, where did we go, days when the rains came. Down in the hollow, playing a new game. Laughing and a running, skipping and a jumping. In this misty morning fog with you. Our hearts a thumping and you. My brown eyed girl. You're my brown eyed girl.
-Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
29. Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me. I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an "L" on her forehead. Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming. Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running. Didn't make sense not to live for fun. Your brain gets smart, but your head gets dumb.
-All Star by Smash Mouth
30. I thought love was only true in fairytales. Meant for someone but not for me. Love was out to get me. That's the way it seemed. Disappointment haunted all my dreams. And then I saw her face, now I'm a believer. Not a trace, of doubt in my mind. I'm in love, I'm a believer. I couldn't leave her if I tried.
-I'm a Believer by Smash Mouth