I'm thinking of uploading my daily sketches, just in order to keep myself drawing. I think by doing this, I'd flesh out my concepts more and have to strive for new things to draw, which would really help me become a better artist.I'll include more notes, as well, which should be interesting, provided that you can read them.
Since I now have a whole... thirty people watching me, I suppose I'm obligated to keep you all happy. I really don't know why the number is that large, but I'm not complaining. I'm quite a busy person, and I haven't been able to do much in the way of digital art lately, so I've been thinking... would you guys want a weekly sketch dump? I've a huge number of sketches that I either don't have time to develop, or don't think are good enough to develop further, but perhaps I'm wrong.
If you'd like to see a weekly sketch dump, just tell me here. If you want to know how some of my projects outside of DA are going, stop by tumblr http://sciocont.tu
I'm just going to jot down a few things to reming myself of what I do. These are rules I try to stick by when I'm designing anything.
1) I AM NOT AN ARTIST. I AM A DESIGNER.
2) If it can't work, don't draw it- ALWAYS make it as realistic as possible
3) Think like an engineer- I'm really more inclined to think like an engineer with my designs- I don't include silly things that make them more complex, I keep things simple, like they would be in the real world if they were well designed.
4) Everything unique- I HATE drawing things that already exist, especially other people's designs- it feels like stealing.
5) Don't fall into the pit- Stay