Since the last entry, I:
- got a human job
- one that actually requires my literal qualifications, which is... wow. And in this economy! ... amirite?
- got an exclusivity request from that agent!
- found it within myself to actually query a few more
- actually got accepted to the satire magazine! Yes, I am now able to make fun of Donald Trump in a professional capacity.
- I am, horrifyingly, getting my own column starting next month.
- am on the selection committee for the film festival for the third year running.
- got sexy new ideas for 3 new books (2 fiction, 1 nonfiction)
- started writing a TV show. I finished most of the research and half of the pitch deck, and wrote the pilot.
- have had the privilege of being invited to join several fiction projects in a collaborative (yet authoritative) role.
- maybe have a business venture looming and taking shape
Also, since the last entry, I:
- got rejected by the agent I got the exclusivity request from, and am now back into the slush pile
- got invited to my best friend's wedding, which I can't afford to go to. I had to call her and tell her that this week which was... ugh.
- am still fucking broke as fuck
- had to borrow money from my parents, but also got my phone cut off when one of them needed me so that was... fucking amazing.
- have been training and not writing much
- have magazine deadlines looming that I have been too tired to try to work proactively towards
- have only made one additional query to an agency
- can't make the rewrites of my TV show pilot work
- have sexy new ideas for 3 new books, don't have time to work on any of them
- have completely lost faith in myself
- am getting scared that I am not capable of balancing work and writing, and life.
Oh but PS my blog got 3 likes this week so, I mean, storm the keep, amirite?
Anyway, I feel like it's too early to say if something is really wrong, but a lot of things are not going perfect.
I just have to keep working. And trying. And fucking planning and organizing. That's the key, you know. Organization. *wanders off mumbling to herself*
Best wishes to all'y'all.