While working as a DTP operator, I have recently started to draw fowl and phoenix using Adobe Illustrator
because I was very much impressed by works of Itoh Jakuchu, a well-known Japanese painter.
As I am not aware of it, but partly because being influenced by Itoh Jakuchu and partly because I love Ukiyo-e,
my works are considered to be Japanese-style.
However, the fact is I prefer drawing a lifeless and absolute world which makes people feel horrible when they see it.
• finalist prizes for Asia Digital Art Award in 2008
• Matrix of the Mind: Contemporary Fine Art by Japanese Artists at Agore gallery in New York
• Asia Digital Art Award in 2009
• finalist prizes for TAGBOAT AUTUMN AWARD 2009
• semi-finalist prize at ASIA GRAPH 2009
• Art Sydney 2009
• finalist prizes for Setsugekka New York Prize
• prize for best in realistic for the 11th International Illustration Competion
• finalist prizes for Asia Digital Art Award in 2010
Current Residence: Kyoto, Japan
Favourite genre of music: Classical
Operating System: Mac OS X
Favourite Visual Artist
Ito Jakuchu, Katusika Hokusai, Gustav Klimt
Favourite Bands / Musical Artists
The Doors, Sir Georg Solti