5 Comments1K Views
Commission slots: unlimited and open all year long. I will update this page with a fixed number of slots or "fully booked" if I get too busy.
- PayPal (preferred, Invoicely): Note me for the invoice
- Stripe (Invoicely): Note me for the invoice
- Amazon Gift Cards: they will fund my herb-based medical needs and studies (textbooks, kits and other materials). My Amazon email to send the gift card to is firstname.lastname@example.org
- DA Points (only for commissions up to $20): remember $1 = ~100 points *updated May 31, 2017, after reviewing DA amounts*
Rules are simple:
- Fan characters and original characters are preferred. I can also do canon characters on occasion
- No complex backgrounds below $20
- No graphic/sexy/fetish/explicit scenes or pr0n (but tender/tasteful loving scenes are sweet and I can do those)
- I might refuse to do a commission if I feel uncomfortable with doing it for some reason; in such case, I will communicate my decision privately
- Payment on delivery of the first sketch for commissions up to $30 and any non-PayPal/non-Stripe payments. Everything else, payment of 50% of the final price on delivery of the first sketch, remaining 50% at completion
- Please be aware that, due to my unstable health, it might take me several months to complete your commission. When you order, I will assume you are aware of this note and you will not pressure me to be done quickly (my health issues are not a choice). Thanks!
Interested? See below for rates. When slots open, you can order a commission via Notes (add as much commission detail as you can!) and let your friends know in case they are interested in commissions.
Note: Since March 2017, I'm a registered business as a freelance writer and artist, so art commissions are part of my job. That means I now charge professional rates - not strange if you think about it, since I need to pay business taxes and bills.
However, the rates I offer on DA are already discounted compared to those on my business website.
Prices below are for max 2 characters. Rate doubles for each character you add.
** If the picture you want doesn't seem to have a listed rate below, Note me and let me know! I might have missed something when I compiled this commission sheet Thank you **
Limited Time Offer - $5! - (Digital Only) Rough Colored Sketches/B&W Sketches/Colored or B&W Concept Art
Note: I don't do traditional art for this offer.
What you can get for $15 (or 1,200 DA Points)
Sketches (no background, B&W or colored): pencil or digital
Colored sketches (flats or 'sketchy' shading): digital color
What you can get for $20 (or 1,600 DA Points)
Linework (no background): pencil, ink or digital
What you can get for $25
Linework (with background): pencil, ink or digital
Colored artwork (no background):
- digital color
- traditional color (pencils, Copic+Letraset markers)
What you can get for $30
Digitally colored artwork (traditionally drawn and inked, simple background)
What you can get for $45
Comic strip (pencil and/or ink + digital color)
Detailed artwork (pencil and/or ink, with or without digital color - you can have up to 8 characters for this one!)
Inked Comic Page - $100 per page
Comic page like the one below:
Sketched, penciled and inked traditionally (ink pens, brush).
Digitally Colored Comic Page - $130 per page
Samples coming soon!
Traditionally Colored Comic page - $180 per page
Closing Commissions for the remainder of 2021
Dear friends and watchers, I've come to realize that, no matter how hard I try and no matter the artistic bursts I undergo (very happy with those, but they're still not enough), I still find it hard to feel pleasure when I draw. Actually, I feel numb. And that's tragic, because without emotion I can't draw well and often I can't draw at all. The result is that I'm taking AGES to finish old commissions and I find it very hard to draw even for personal pleasure. It's a painful process. So I came to make the decision to close art commissions for the remainder of 2021, and to use the few artistic bursts I still get to work on the old commissions (thanks for your patience @Kagehahen @Shinjuchan @mrsratbag and everyone still waiting for your commission -- let me know if you folks want a refund instead; I would still try to finish your old commission for free). I hope for the day I no longer feel miserable about art. I know the cause of all this disruption (dad's death and the trauma
#signalboost Barby-Maki needs help
Dear friends and watchers, a buddy of mine on DA, @Barby-Maki , is in need of help to buy new art tools. You can Note them about portrait commissions (https://www.deviantart.com/barby-maki/status-update/21437969) or help them directly through their Ko-fi page (https://ko-fi.com/barby_maki) I already contributed. I hope you can, too, even with a share of this "signalboost" journal. Thank you! Lu
The weather is cooler now... I'm back to art!
I was itching to draw, I swear. XD I couldn't wait for some cool weather to finally be here so I would stop sweating and finally go back to arting. Well, the day has come so I've already been drawing and inking some warm-ups and pictures of Robocitans for Lia. If it keeps being this cool, I may resume art commissions this Friday (yay!). And I'm so happy to do that, because I know you've been waiting for updates on the artwork you paid for and I owe you one. The next year I will probably go on an art hiatus again from mid July to all August, and come back in September like I did this year. It's the best option for my health and the health of my artwork. So, how have you been? ^_^
Announcement: Art Hiatus until September 2020
I literally sweat too much. And that's in addition to low blood pressure that binds me to bed most of the afternoon in summer. But the sweat... I almost ruined a commission, so I'm officially putting all artwork - personal projects, collaborations and commissions - on hold until September 15. When I'm back with updates and you commissioned me, you'll get a Note from me with the update. That also applies to artwork on collaboration. Personal projects... well, they can wait until the summer is over. I hugely dislike summer. Bleh. Talk again in a month and a half. :)