Well, everyone. Power Rangers Ninja Steel has officially ended it run (though we still have the Christmas special) and sadly, it has been such a great disappointment. I wasn't really impressed with the finale and some of the episodes. It felt rushed. The finale battle with the Rangers and Madam Odious should have been longer and intense and serious but no, we get a minute battle. I would have love to see Madam Odious take the Nexus Prism and destroy all the Power Stars and the Zords and the Rangers would go in a Wild Force style where they would shout to Odious that they would never give up and their courage and confidence would revive the Stars. I also felt the town should declared both the Rangers and Victor and Monty as heroes not just Victor and Monty themselves. I envisioned of what could have been done is that the Rangers would show up telling everyone the Odious is defeated and would thank Victor and Monty for killing Cosmo Royale and Badonna and saving civilians and they would award them with that trophy which Victor declared it as his 50th.
The season could have been better than what it was. I don't really know why they would do such a thing like that. All I know is that the cast did the best they could and we should never blame them.
Power Rangers apparently has its ups and downs depending what we feel on episodes just like other TV show franchises have.
Anyway, I'll give out the problems the season had:
1. Not giving much character development to the Rangers - We hardly ever knew the Rangers and they never tell their backstories of what they were before they were even chosen.
2. Too much filler ruins the storyline - I don't get why the writers and Saban Brands would want the season to have to much life lessons to learn. We've had those with Mighty Morphin and unfortunately, they tried to capture that.
3. The writing has been messy - Fans are necessarily blaming Becca Barnes and Alwyn Dale for their incompetence. I know they tried to the best they could and I don't really know if they're going to redeem themselves with Beast Morphers. Same goes for Judd Lynn.
4. The villains are not enjoyable - The villains didn't really grow on me to be honest. Ripcon was killed off so quickly after 12 episodes, Galvanax barely does anything, same for Madam Odious, Cosmo Royale and Badonna. They could have done something different with them. I really don't have much to say on that topic.
5. Not giving a serious and compelling storyline - I don't know if they're trying to abandon of what made the show entertaining years ago, but I kinda felt like Saban Brands ordered Judd Lynn to try to make it funny and not too serious. Judd even revealed that at Power Morphicon that Haim Saban told him to add more humor in the show.
The only thing I liked about it is the anniversary episode, Dimensions in Danger. While it was better than Legendary Battle, I kinda wished it was longer and felt a little bit of a sequel to Shattered Grid. My favorite characters would have to be Preston, Calvin and Hayley. Brody, Sarah and Levi were kinda bland. Mick was a good mentor. Redbot should have been handled better. Same for Victor and Monty than being what they were and they did had some funny moments.
Well, this is all I have to say about Ninja Steel. Right now, the best thing about that this is last season of the Neo-Saban era as Saban Brands is out of business. I guess the only thing we have to do hope and pray that Power Rangers Beast Morphers can save the franchise now that Power Rangers is owned by Hasbro.
I give this season a 4 out of 10.
Give me your thoughts on Ninja Steel.