Good morning little pupils, here you have the first lesson in my promised course
Norwegian For Beginners!
- Hei alle sammen - hi everybody
- hvordan går det? - how are you?
- bare bra, h å p e r jeg? - just fine, I hope?
- her skinner sola og jeg går snart ut - here the sun shines and I'll go out soon
- ha en fin dag! - have a nice day!
words to learn:
alle sammen - everybody
hvordan - how
går - goes (in present tense)
det - here: it
bare - only
bra - fine
jeg - I
h å p er - hope (in present tense)
her - here
skinner - shines (present tense)
sola - the sun
og - and
snart - soon
ut - out
ha - have
en - a
fin - fine/nice
dag - day
things to notice;
* I have to write h-å-p-e-r - since DA does not understand norwegian and believes å + p to be the emoticon åp
* the h in hvordan is silent - h combined with v is always silent and you just say the v. the h is an ancient remna