Artist Feature: DurathrorMistgod has known Durathror for many years on Deviantart already, but she is new to watching my page. This week she did a beautiful gift art portrait of me! I am so excited! Mistgod and I love her art so much! I hope she doesn't mind the comparison, but her style reminds us a bit of art nouveau style from the turn of the twentieth century. She puts so many gorgeous details and designs into her work! We love how even her character portraits involve abstract design. It's just so beautiful and unique! Anyways, first I will feature my gift art portrait and then a selection from her gallery. Please go visit the gallery of this wonderful artist!
Featured Artist: Leharc--BlueHeartI wanted to do a new feature for my buddy Leharc--BlueHeart. She just did a beautiful portrait commission painting for me! That's me doing my Fishy Wave painting (see below, first image)! Rachel is such a talented painter! I love those expressive eyes and the way she did the bows in my hair. She included my favorite colors and its just so pretty!
What is really special is she somehow (I have no idea how she did this) reproduced my Fish Wave painting almost perfectly into her own painting but at a side angle.
This is so personal and amazing and is one of the best things that has ever happened for me in five years on Deviantart! I am so happy I met Rachel.
Go see her gallery, I
|More Journal Entries|
This group is a celebration of the beauty of art, hair styles and clothes fashion exhibiting ribbons, braids or bows. This would include hair braids (pigtails or pony tails too), or centuries old clothes fashions. Images can be of men or women, or even creatures and animals or pretty much anything with a braid or ribbon.
SUBMISSION GUIDLELINES AND RULES:
All art will initially be automatically accepted into the Submit Here folder. The group founder (that is I, MelianMarionette) will then move the deviation to an appropriate gallery folder. I will select what I believe to be the best for the Featured folder. If I feel a deviation does not meet the group theme or submission rules, I will simply remove it. Don't worry, there are lots of other groups and someone will accept your art with open arms.
1: Be Nice
2: Deviation submissions should clearly have braids (or pigtails, or pony tails), ribbons, bows, or centuries old fashion as a major feature or theme. This can include art of any type, hair styles, clothing.
3. Deviations not meeting the approval of the group founder and "art museum curator" (that is I, MelianMarionette) will be removed from the Submit Here folder without comment.
4. No nudity, sexually explicit, overly controversial, or distasteful art will be accepted. This is not a porn site. Mildly erotic art will be accepted. I, MelianMarionette, prude that I am, will determine what is more than mildly erotic.
5. The group founder retains the right to modify group rules at a whim. Whine and complain, it will do you no good. Mwah hah hah hah!
6. If you are frustrated with my brutal totalitarian rule of Ribbons-and-Braids, you are free to protest by leaving the group! Otherwise, stay, relax and just have fun!
7. NEW RULE - Users who continually insist on posting art to the submissions folder that does not meet the group guidelines or group theme may find themselves blocked from the group without comment. I don't have the ambition to deal with you and I don't want random, unrelated stuff in the group's gallery. If you can't read and comply with the group guidelines, then you need to go find another group. I will not negotiate with those who have been blocked.
Adult Women Don't Wear Pigtails Anymore?"Adult women don't wear pigtails, only little girls do that!"