reverendryu.com/ - My Website.
My name is Ryan Jackson, and creativity has always been my passion.
I'm currently working as a freelance designer, copywriter & digital strategist - designing marketing materials, graphics & signage for a company in St. Albans, UK under a consultancy agreement.
In one of my previous roles, I worked as Art Director & Project Supervisor for Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series, a motion picture project. This entailed managing a team of world-class artists, to produce designs for print and retail online. Our artwork was featured in almost every major gaming media online (Kotaku, IGN, N4G, et al) via the Final Fantasy VII: Web Series. I have been instrumental in the production process of the series, as well as governing the overall creative “look & feel” of the series. To this end, I recruited, and still currently engage with in my spare time, a world-class team of artists:15+ strong, from Malaysia to Quebec, London to Long Island, I managed these artists to create artworks for various artistic endeavours, as well as the Web Series.I also had complete control over the marketing for the project - including a full digital media strategy, which I created and executed, paying particular attention to social media engagement & evaluation. This strategy was instrumental in the successful dissemination of the project across the internet at large. The project was eventually shut down, but not before the artwork created under my direction graced the pages of almost every gaming media outlet world-wide.
Amongst an array of other skills, I have an extensive history in customer service, with industry-excellence training from a number of companies, with a number of awards to that effect. I have experience teaching, with an extensive academic background in educational psychology, as well as a history of professional graphic design & professional photography.
Career highlights include;
- Helped NHS London to digitally engage with over 1,600 General Practices, as well as the general public. Also, helped expand web presence for NHS London and ancillary services.
- Designed Marketing campaigns and infographic materials for NHS London's Strategic Health Authority; to be sent & displayed in all medical practices in the Greater London area, to increase awareness of services available. Was brought in as design consultant on a number of Governmental initiatives.
- Maintained CMS for a military-grade hardware supplier; and expanded marketing options for the company into new media revenues.
- Worked as Systems Administrator (consultancy) for a number of Blue Chip companies.
- Have spent 15 years mastering Graphic Design, and 10 years mastering photography in both Academic & Professional pursuits.
- Reached 105,000+ people in 18 months with retail designs & self promotion via social media.