Part 0 (Teaser) -you are herePart 1 - First FlightPart 2 - Title
| HD version
| still title
Part 3 - March 2016
Part 4 - April 2016
Part 6 - May 2016
Part 7 - June 2016
Part 8 - July 2016
Part 9 - August 2016
Part 10 - September 2016
Part 11 - November 2016
Part 12 - December 2016
OK. Time to make it official. I don't usually make new year's resolutions, but for 2016, I did.
So, here's a teaser image. I call it "Adventures of a red book". It will be an animation.
I have made lots of animations before, but this one is different, because I will continue it as a series throughout the year
. Here's the plan so far:
- Work an entire month on an animation.
- No pressuring myself about time or execution.
- Have fun.
- Once the month is over
- Post all of the animation of the month. All will be licensed as CC-BY.
- Start with the next part of the animation, which begins were the last animation ended.
- The main character of the series will be a flying red book. All will be pretty minimalist, because I can't invest that much time and also my skills are bad enough as it is.
- Once I have finished the series (no idea when that will be, see what I need to do below), compile it into a minutes long (!) animation and upload it to YouTube. It should be enough for 720p.
And I do this without caring about people liking it. No matter how few people will see it (even though I will try and advertise it) and no matter how badly people are reacting to it, this is where I say that I do it for myself! Since time and execution isn't all that important to me this time, it'll be far from perfect, still, I hope that at least a few people will see it and find it nice.To do:
- Create a narrative! For a project this big, I need some kind of a story or at least a common theme that will bring resolution to the adventure. Help appreciated.
- Come up with objects or backgrounds my little flying book will encounter.
- Create a title with a fitting font.
- Come up with names for the "episodes". The first one will be something like "First Flight" or "Shelfless". We'll see.
Start animating. OK, this is a lie. I have started and I like how far I've come. I won't be able to create as much as in January later on, but it makes a great start.
If anyone would like to help me, let me know! Please.Free art - you may:
and use this work in any way you like (even commercially), under the following conditions:
Attribution (credit me)