I was tagged, then I got a note asking why I ignored the tag. Some people are weird. You know who you are!
The rules are:
1. Post all rules
2. Write 8 facts about your character
3. Tag 8 people
4. Write the name of the character with its owner.
1. Samantha Hill, AKA Cardinal, was an average 20-something year old woman when she answered a SummerCorp ad for an experimental drug trial that promised to "Unlock Your Full Potential". Only desiring to be more than average in life, Sam happily went along with the trials even when things started turning dark and deadly. Of course, SummerCorp is #evilcorp and the rest is called backstory. BTW, SummerCorp was created by HoorayForSloth who at one time used to write really detailed and rich world building stories involving heroines, villainesses, and he had one of my favorite OC heroines of all time. Purity. Now? HoorayForSloth sucks, because he doesn't even stop by with beer anymore.
2. Originally, Cardinal wasn't meant to have wings. Ever. However, during the design process I had a Red Bull and everyone knows, Red Bull gives you wings.
3. Cardinal was meant to be little more than a fetish doll. But, I grew attached and it's taken me a long time (years?) to even put her in serious sexual peril. I guess I do have a heart, or something.
4. Cardinal picked up a sidekick, Blue Thrush, who was originally supposed to look up to Cardinal as a role-model. However, I couldn't resist the Moulder / Scully trope and the two SLOWLY grow closer where the younger (teen) Blue Thrush constantly harasses Cardinal with sexual innuendo and flat out harassment at times.
5. Cardinal's logo is (obviously) a mashup of two very popular American sports teams. One college, one professional.
6. Cardinal doesn't look like it, but she's a powerhouse thanks to SummerCorp. A total brawler, who prefers high altitude surveillance to straight up fights. She has super-strength and some damage resistance with a little regeneration build in. She can't pick up a tank, but she can tear the turret off of one.
7. Samantha Hill, aka Cardinal, actually works at RP Publishing / OC Comics division where she is convinced there is something sinister going on with the CEO and founder of the company. She's currently investigating how Superheroine Magazine and Bad Girls Magazine manages to get all the news scoops, dirt, gossip, and nude photos of heroines and villainesses alike.
8. Cardinal is straight, though Blue Thrush doesn't accept that version of Cardinal's reality. Cardinal was engaged once, in her early twenties, but hasn't had a boyfriend since her time at SummerCorp. She can easily hide her wings, so embarrassment isn't the issue. There must be something else going on. Maybe Blue Thrush is right...
I'm am NOT tagging 8 people, so there!