yeah, it's been awhile. I know I've been posting some art and stuff but I've had a lot happening since 2014 and honestly I feel it's been affecting my work and bogging me down so I can't finish all the projects I'd like to do. It's involved a lot of drama and tears, so I'll save you all the sob story and just say it's been a little rough. However, I just had a pretty great convention where I did good and talked to a lot of really awesome people. It's boosted a waning morale, and I'm inspired, so I think it's time to get back on track and start doing some awesome stuff.
So first, let's start with my future venues. I'll post tentative plans, and try to keep things current and post updates so people know where to find me.
1. Uwajicon (Sept 2)
I've emailed the coordinator of this and asked for a booth. The last two years I've had one, so I hope Rena Muffin will be showing up for year 3!
2. Kumoricon (Oct 27-29)
I've applied for this and will be sharing a table with another artist. We're currently on a wait list, I'll email the coordinator to maybe see if we've got a chance. This'll be my first year vending Kumoricon if I manage to get in, so I'll just try to remain calm and I'm sure it's all gonna be awesome.
I vended Newcon for 3 years, and I've taken a break for the last two, but hopefully I can get in and go back to this con cause I remember having fun!
4. Sakuracon (March 30-April 1)
Here's praying I get into sakuracon. 2017 I wasn't lucky, but maybe I can return 2018!
Now, here's the list of the upcoming attractions I'm planning. Some I've already started, some might be a little whiles away but they're happening! They're not gonna be worked on in this order or anything, I just tried to organize it.
1. Yuri on Ice!~ Bookmarks and Buttons of Yuri, Victor, and Yurio. If they sell well, will go into further characters.
2. Miraculous Ladybug ~ I already have Ladybug and Chat Noir bookmarks but I plan on a button set of the main cast of the show plus some of the villains like Stormy Weather and Dark Cupid. There will be some more bookmarks, but some of the villains won't really fit well in bookmark form so they may only be available as buttons.
3. Mystic Messenger~Bookmarks and Buttons of the MC, Yoosung, Zen, Jae Hae, Saeyoung, Jumin, Saeran, and V.
4. Killing Stalking~ Bookmarks and Buttons of Sangwoo and Yoonbum.
5. Overwatch~ So hopefully buttons of as many characters as I can draw, and bookmarks of Tracer, Mercy, maybe Junkrat, Hanzo, maybe Zenyatta and Genji (The mechanical elements of their characters might kill me), Widowmaker, Lucio, Reaper, Solider 76, Mei, Sombra, and D.va. The list is not final, names be added or taken off depending on how everything goes.
6. Tokyo Ghoul~ I already have Kaneki, Tsukiyama, and Uta bookmarks. There may be buttons too soon, and then I will be adding a few more characters to the list.
7. Marvel~ So I've done Avenger and Deadpool buttons, and there is a Deadpool bookmark. I plan for Xmen bookmarks and buttons with a few of the Xmen (For sure Rouge, Gambit, and Nightcrawler), and then maybe some Avenger bookmarks. Also, possibly some Guardians of the Galaxy bookmarks and buttons.
8. Wonder Woman~ Bookmarks and Buttons.
9. Suicide Squad~ Buttons and an Enchantress bookmark.
10. Dream Daddy~ OMG I LOVE THIS GAME AND CRAIG IS AMAZING!!!! Planning for buttons and bookmarks of the dads and Amanda, maybe.
11. South Park~ Already did a button set. I'm thinking about doing a few bookmarks, maybe of the main cast. IDK, there's already so much I want to do.
So, I am also working on some sewing projects. I plan on making cute, geeky aprons. I also have a bunch of cute drawstring purses I've finished. Both will be available for sale at any conventions I vend, and I'll start posting some pictures of them.
I'd like to close with this. Thank you all so much Thank you all for the support I've gotten over these years, and for great conventions, and for the craziest submissions and the most memorable conversations. Sometimes the best part of the conventions are when some of you guys find me and we just talk. So many of you guys (and gals), have the most amazing and funny stories and give the best advice. So, even though I don't think it can really convey my gratitude, thank you so much for so many years of just amazing memories, and let's hope for many more.
With my sincerest thanks,
Listening to: nothing