1) I knew my daughter was still up because of the noise coming from upstairs, so I called her to come finish the dishes. When she finally came, I was already in my bedroom and heard her quietly open the dishwasher, contrary to her nature, and take out only a single piece of silverware; that was the last thing I ever heard.
2) I never knew what I was looking for, but it was always in the corner of my eye. I always saw it move just before I turned my head.
3) Shivering with sudden cold, I tried to pull up my blankets off the floor. They wouldn't let go until my hand reached close enough to grab.
4) I was enjoying the peace and solitude as I scoped my new place out alone for the first time before my family got there to help me move my things in. I opened the door to my new bedroom, but someone on the inside of the empty room slammed it shut in my face.
5) I settled down to sleep with my only cat snuggled to my side. Then I heard an animal lick it's lips from the floor beside my bed.