Welcome to Cleartext.
This is a now playing widget inspired by clear information boards which only show important content. More options, such as skipping the track and pausing it can be found by hovering over it.
F E A T U R E S
Adaptive Resizing ● Adaptive Hide ● Spotify support† ● GPMDP support ●WebNowPlaying support
Pure text mode ● Smooth scroll for Pure mode ● Easy font changing ● Smart text trimming ● Hide-away controls
Update indicators ● Right align text mode ● User-friendly Settings panel ● Switch color mode ● Text switching
- 5.2 | 13 Feb 2019
- Added support for Google Play Music Desktop Player
- Updated URLs for update indicators and buttons
- 5.1.1 | 28 Jul 2018
- Fixed right alignment issues such as flashing, inability to use controls, and crashing
- 5.1 | 26 Jul 2018
- Removed Spotify plugin dependency
- Added support for Spotify player via NowPlaying plugin
- Removed Smart Switching temporarily. Manually choose the media player in the Settings panel for the meantime. The default player set is Windows Media Player.
- Added text trimming to artist name and WebNowPlaying-fetched data
- 5.0.2 | 17 Jun 2018
- Added the latest version of the Spotify plugin
- Updated media controls for Spotify players
- Re-added progress bar from hairline
- Added ability to change fonts separately for media controls and media metadata
- 5.0.1 | 1 Apr 2018
- Fixed inability to resize
- Fixed bug where text will appear randomly in Cleartext Pure
- Fixed faulty progress percentage for Spotify
- Added the 2.1.3 version of the Spotify plugin
- 5.0 | 2 Mar 2018
- Added the latest version of the Spotify plugin.
- Removed scrolling in regular Cleartext. Text now automatically expands.
- Removed progress bar from hairline.
- Controls now hide by default when regular Cleartext is refreshed.
- Scrolling for right align is improved in Cleartext Pure.
tjhrulz for this super cool WebNowPlaying and GPMDP plugins here and here
FlixWolfz for his very active participation on the old Cleartext deviation page which prompted me to update and re-release it... Kinda like a re-master version of an awesome game!
ryan86me for his suggestion and code which made Adaptive Hide for Cleartext Spotify possible!
theAzack9 for his amazing FrostedGlass plugin which made the Settings panel more beautiful!
RainEnthusiast for letting me now that WebNowPlaying existed
LambArchie for implementing the controlsFont change which makes Cleartext more customizable.
Wallpaper by Colin Watts
Thank you to the people who donated:
Brendon M., Mike B., Saul H., Glenn P., Jeffrey E.
†Basic Spotify support is done through the revamped NowPlaying measure in Rainmeter 4.2. For full Spotify support, choose WebNowPlaying as the media player in the Cleartext Settings panel, install Spicetify and enable the modded WebNowPlaying Companion in the Spicetify menu.
Wait i figured it out. If anyone wants to take those off, just delete these lines from the .ini file
MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeterGroup Hover][!ShowMeterGroup #stowAwayName#][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeterGroup Hover][!HideMeterGroup #stowAwayName#][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]