Welcome to Cleartext.
This is a now playing widget inspired by clear information boards which only show important content. More options, such as skipping the track and pausing it can be found by hovering over it.
F E A T U R E S
Adaptive Resizing ● Adaptive Hide ● Smart Switching ● Spotify support ● WebNowPlaying support
Pure text mode ● Smooth scroll for Pure mode ● Easy font changing ● Smart text trimming ● Hide-away controls
Update indicators ● Right align text mode ● User-friendly Settings panel ● Switch color mode ● Text switching
- 5.0.2 | 17 Jun 2018
- Added the latest version of the Spotify plugin
- Updated media controls for Spotify players
- Re-added progress bar from hairline
- Added ability to change fonts separately for media controls and media metadata
- 5.0.1 | 1 Apr 2018
- Fixed inability to resize
- Fixed bug where text will appear randomly in Cleartext Pure
- Fixed faulty progress percentage for Spotify
- Added the 2.1.3 version of the Spotify plugin
- 5.0 | 2 Mar 2018
- Added the latest version of the Spotify plugin.
- Removed scrolling in regular Cleartext. Text now automatically expands.
- Removed progress bar from hairline.
- Controls now hide by default when regular Cleartext is refreshed.
- Scrolling for right align is improved in Cleartext Pure.
- 4.2 | 26 Nov 2017
- Reintroduced Smart Switching with support for all 3 supported plugins (NowPlaying, Spotify, WebNowPlaying)
- More comprehensive text trimming
- Aesthetic refinements in Settings panel
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
- 4.1 | 4 Nov 2017
- Included the latest version of the WebNowPlaying plugin
- Updated support link for help button in the Settings panel
- Changed fonts used in skin
- Enabled Direct2D rendering for text in regular Cleartext
- Sorted out text alignment issues brought by the D2D renderer
- Fixed bug where the Settings panel would disappear when set player is closed
- .raptor from the Rainmeter forums for his awesome Spotify plug-in available here
- tjhrulz for this super cool WebNowPlaying plugin here
- FlixWolfz for his very active participation on the old Cleartext deviation page which prompted me to update and re-release it... Kinda like a re-master version of an awesome game!
- ryan86me for his suggestion and code which made Adaptive Hide for Cleartext Spotify possible!
- theAzack9 for his amazing FrostedGlass plugin which made the Settings panel more beautiful!
- RainEnthusiast for letting me now that WebNowPlaying existed
- LambArchie for implementing the controlsFont change which makes Cleartext more customizable.
Wallpaper: Lower Antelope Canyon / Ashim D'Silva
Thank you to the people who donated:
Brendon M., Mike B., Saul H., Glenn P.
So guy i'm problems with spotify plugin in the Now Playing, not showing the names of the songs you are playing, can you help me ?
Just wondering, how am I supposed to click on the previous, pause, and next buttons if they disappear when I move my cursor on to them. They show only when my cursor is on the now playing text, and don't stay visible long enough to click them.
Edit: Started working after restarting windows
Rainmeter > Skins > Cleartext > (@ symbol)Resources > color
Just change the RGB code to what you want, save, and refresh the skin.
(A better explanation is in the FAQ above ^^ )
Maybe add an option and set it to expand instead of scroll by default?
I very much prefer scrolling, as Cleartext otherwise conflicts with other things on the monitor I have placed it on.
I have used Cleartext for a while, but recently rainmeter crashed when booting up rainmeter. When I unloaded Cleartext everything worked fine. I then redownloaded Cleartext, but now it doesn't show the Title or Artist of the song that's playing.
I've tried again reinstalling Cleartext, and I've spent 20 minutes changing the settings
Where do you see this secondary player option?
I went to look in the settings but didn't seem to see it so I don't know if I'm just looking in the wrong place...
Thanks a lot!
I tried using DinoAlbatross solution by installing and having Spotify running in the background. Now I'm seeing the "Two music players are running... icon", as expected, and I'd like to confirm with you that you were seeing this icon before changing the secondary media player
On the other hand, my solution *isn't* working after reinstalling Cleartext. The song name still flickers for a split second and then changes to N/A.
Welp, beck to finding a solution :/