welcome, well here I go again. I'm making another Choose Your Own Edit or CYOE. this time is going to be a bit different... again. but this time I'll be putting someone else's character in the spot light. a long time contributor Melkorios has loaned me his girl Melody for this CYOE. Melody Mora as she'll be called will have no special rules this time but I how you have fun with her.
if this is you first time with a CYOE let me put down some ground rules. this is a request game where commenters suggest piece by piece changes to a character. you can't suggest an entire character change. it must be done one piece at a time. suggestions are submitted in the comments of the targeted form. branching must be done early or at dedicated points. most suggestion can only be used once per CYOE with rare exceptions like body shapes. colors may also be a rare exception. reference links are preferred but not required.
here's an example of the rules and character page:
Choose Your Own Edit 10
Brought to you by: Me
4) Hair Color:
1. You can pick ONE feature category from the list above and submit a suggestion of an alteration in the comments below. Example: Give her red eye.
2. The features go one way (can't go back to a previous feature or overwrite a new one completely).
3. No nudity or extreme stuff, such as blood, gore or sexual themes.
4. Everything is subject to me (more rules might be added).
5. I reserve the right to veto, move or combine any suggestions.
6. Links to references are suggested.
7. Bust and hips sizes have 4 levels to them. And level 4s can only be used 3 times and I’m very hesitant to use them
8. A route is finished when options 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are filled and the form has an accessory and a RP style power and/or purpose.
9. No’s maybe subject to context, reposting suggestion elsewhere is ok if the idea is still doable but not on the original location.
10. Ideas can’t be used more than once per CYOE each. body shapes are the exception.
11. Branching is encouraged.
Here is a link to the hub journal: theme ideas, suggestions and notifications can be found there.
Any questions, just ask.
This is based off TheXtra89’s Choose Your Own Edit experiment, both the format and the first 4 rules are his.
here are the current end forms:
routes near their end:
here are the dedicated branch forms:
here are the incomplete forms: