Hey, everybody. Rainbine here and if you're wondering why the title looks weird, it's because there were too many letters and Deviantart as this thing with limited letters in titles, so I had to get rid of some spaces in order to fit the whole title in there.
Anyway, here is my review for episode 4 of MLP Season 8, Fake It Till You Make It and let me say this right off the bat...I liked this episode. Defiantly better than last weeks episode. As always, this review is based of my own opinions and thoughts on the episode. If you don't agree, that's perfectly fine. Anyway, let's get started.
What did I think the Positives of the episode are?
1. The episode was genuinely funny. I laughed at a lot of the moments in the episode. For example, I liked the beginning where Rarity was running around asking so many different characters to run her shop while she's gone. That was my favorite part of the episode because it just fits Rarity's overreaction character trait so well and it made me laugh.
2. Each of the personalities Fluttershy came up with was also really funny. I liked that she came up with three different characters in order to satisfy a certain customer. Like, one was like a snooty, British Fluttershy, one was like a valley girl, and the last one was a Goth. It's nothing unique, but it's still entertaining. It's kind of like putting on a persona so you can be ready for something like a job interview, a date, trying to impress your boyfriend/girlfriend's parents, etc.
3. I was surprised at the raccoons from Saddle Row & Rec making a comeback. Mainly because I forgot they were a thing, but I still found them nice supporting roles for the episode. Speaking of supporting roles.
4. The Mane Six did a good job at being supporting roles as well. They provided some good moments that helps Fluttershy snapping back into her old self and realize that she was going overboard in being aggressive with her three personalities.
5. The moral of the day is very good. It's basically 'You don't need to become someone else to sell something. All you need to do is be yourself.' While yes, it's a very cliché moral, but it's still a great lesson to teach to kids.
What do I think the Negatives of the episode are?
1. The ending part of the episode felt very rushed. I felt like the writers wanted to add more to the episode, but they realized the time constraint and were like, 'Oh god. We're running out of time. Let's just fast track this immediately.' *sigh* I have issues with pacing in episodes and a lot of you know this, so I'm not gonna go into detail about it.
2. This an issue that one of my friends, mentioned when he talked about this episode. Now keep in mind, while I was watching this episode, I'm enjoying it and I was like, 'Hey, I'm really liking this episode. I think it deserves a masterpiece rating' and then the writers ruined it at the last second. Fluttershy at the very end of the episode being both herself and aggressive at the same time. That completely undercuts the moral of the day. Like, that's not Fluttershy being Fluttershy and I know what you're thinking, "Rain, she's being assertive. I thought you like that she was being more assertive.' Yes, I do because that's shows that she's grown. That however was not her being assertive. That was her being way too aggressive again. There is a difference between being assertive and being aggressive. I don't understand why the writers added that part.
So, overall like I said in the being part of the review, I enjoyed this episode. I liked it WAY more than The Maud Couple and I'm going to give this episode...
...a 9 out of 10. An Amazing episode in my opinion.
Anyway, what did you guys think about Fake it Till You Make It? Do you enjoy this episode and think it's the best of the season so far? Or did you hate it and think it's a bad episode? Let me know in the comments and also, about the Q&A for April, I apologize for not putting it up at the first of the month like I normally do. I was busy with IRL stuff with my mom because she broke her ankle. She's doing fine now and hopefully will be fully healed soon. I will put up the Journal post taking question tomorrow and will probably do the Q&A on Saturday. Anyway, thank you so much for reading and I'll see you all later.
Since this episode was mostly in Manehattan, there was one thing fans were wondering: Where was Coco Pommel during all this?!! (and for the record, yes I used her actual name instead of Miss Pommel. I just don't like it how Hasbro had to rename Coco Pommel to Miss Pommel because of Legal Reasons >:/)
Oh boy, I'm sorry about your mom's ankle. I hope she gets better.
I liked it. Fluttershy is cute. Usually can make a bad episode good for me. Having good episodes plus Fluttershy usually makes it an 8 or 9 for me. Love your reviews.