Any comments welcomed.
William Butler Yeats - Sailing to Byzantium
The picture instantly reminded me of the poem. Impressive work.
1. The shield of Europa/Europe of its time.
2. The New York city of its era.
3. The worthy successor city of ancient Rome
4. The medieval Roman Empire that no one really talked about, nor liked back then = until now in the 21st century with its increasing popularity.
5. And the largest + most beautiful city of both the late ancient and medieval worlds.
Plus it was Venice of the 4th crusade that ravaged it first centuries before the Ottoman Turks and crippled it beyond recovery there afterwards.