BLURGH it's hot. If I haven't been very active, that's why
Most days it's been too hot to have the computer on for very long, so I do my work for the day and then turn it off. On the plus side, I've been getting a lot of painting done
It's so hot that oil paint dries within minutes. So I'm making good progress on the cover for my webcomic, which is the last really big task to I need to finish for that. Everything else should go pretty quickly. I may be able to launch this thing before September, if all goes well!
And I'm increasingly thankful that I don't have another tournament round to work on right now
That would be pure hell in this heat. Ugh. (I feel kinda bad for the poor sods who are still stuck in AATR, heh
) Feels so good to kick back and enjoy the Summer for once and chill out at all the free concerts, and take breaks for ice cream and a nap whenever the heat gets ridiculous, and go outside to paint and sketch stuff whenever I feel like it, and generally not be stressing out. I forgot what non-tournament life is like, man.
Also, I've been tagged by
Rules:1. You have to post these rules.
2. Each person has to post five things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the tagger's questions, then make 11 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. You have to tag 11 people and you have to post their icons in your journal.
5. You need to go to their page and notify them that you've tagged them.
6. Tag backs are a no-no.
7. "You're tagged if you read this" is also a no-no. You have to tag them like the rules say.
8. You have to post a link on this of your version so that the person who tagged you can read your answers!
Haha, I'm terrible at these fact things, I can never think of anything to say
Oh well, let's see if I can think of five marginally interesting facts (I don't remember if I've posted any of these before
1. I don't like sitting on chairs, I almost always sit cross-legged on the floor, or on a bed or couch. If I sit on a chair, I prefer to sit on top of it cross-legged.
2. My entire wardrobe is red and black. (Okay, except a few black-and-white items now
) Big surprise, not!
3. I became fascinated by vampires when I was maybe seven years old and found a book about Dracula in the library. I had no idea what this vampire stuff was, but it looked creepy and cool, so I was all for it. (Then I found some other monster books, and those were cool too.) (Yeah, I've always liked spooky stuff.)
4. When we were little kids, me and my sister used to play "Witchie-Poo"
We'd pretend to be wicked witches, and our Barbies were victims. Barbie got baked into pies and buried in the sandbox a lot. She's probably still there.
5. I learned to talk fast when I was a kid because my sister was a chronic motormouth, and the only way I could finish a complete sentence was to belt it out reallyreallyfast whenever she paused for breath.
Questions by Oly-RRR
:1. If you could be friends with a villain, would you do it?
Depends on the villain. If it's one of the fun-loving villains, totally.2. Your favourite subject in middle school?
Hmm, I was home-schooled, so I didn't really have subjects
But art was always favorite!3. Police or private detectives?
Private Detectives have more fun! 4. Your favourite Pixar movie?
Oh gosh, that's a tough one, a lot of them are favorites
I think "Monsters Inc" might be my most favorite, though.5. Most heartbreaking movie/book/show you've seen/read?
Um. Hmm. Argh. I know there must be some but I'm drawing a blank here
Most of the time I'm reading or watching things that will cheer me up. But the first part of "Up" was pretty darn sad, especially since I watched it not long after losing a grandmother
Ditto parts of "the Wee Free Men" for the same reason.
Also the last track of the "Akira" soundtrack for some reason
6. Do you cry in public?
Not if I can help it.7. Have you ever tried colouring something with watercolours?
I've tried doing entire paintings with watercolor alone. I'm not very good at it yet, though - it always dries way lighter than I think it will. 8. Tell about some awkward situation you've been to.
Pff, too many to count. But one of the worst was having to go to an early morning client meeting after staying up all night, and being late for the meeting, AND having a pigeon poop in my hair right before I got there. So I looked like hell, I had bird-do in my hair, and I was flustered and incoherent. And everyone else was perfectly poised, well-dressed people from marketing. So yeah, that was pretty awful.9. Do you have plushies/action figures in your room (on your desk, on your bed)?
Several plushies! I have a white tiger, a fruitbat, a snowy owl, a couple of frogs and a grumpy-looking black bear. Also a collection of cow plushies because I'm from the country and my friends like to tease me about it by giving me cows. And sometimes I make weird little sculptures, so some of those are scattered around
HOW COULD I FORGET I also have the plushie versions of me and my AATR team made by Fox7XD
! They're still awesome.10. Do you come up with soundtracks for your stories? If yes, share a couple (as many as you want, really) of songs from it.
I don't have soundtracks as such, but when I'm drawing pages I might listen to music that goes with what I'm doing
For things with a lot of drama and violence, I like Massiv in Mensch, Cloudkicker, and a mix of assorted industrial and trance; for freaky weird scenes I like Birdy Nam Nam, Eat Static, and a lot more trance; for sexy scenes I'll probably play belly-dance music or something. If I've been painting all night and it's going on 5:00am, I usually put on the Akira soundtrack. I don't know why, but this is perfect 5:00am music for me.11. Am I mad, in a coma or back in time?
We're all mad here!
Okay, so my eleven questions for people! Can I even think of eleven questions? I don't know!
1. Who are your favorite comic artist(s)?
2. What medium(s)/program(s) do you like working in the best? OR if you're more of a writer, what format do you like writing best (novel/short story/poem/etc.)?
3. What's your favorite kind of monster?
4. Have you ever kept a dream log?
5. Have you ever had secret notebooks or sketchbooks you never showed anybody?
6. Favorite kind of weather?
7. If you could have absolutely any kind of pet, what would you have?
8. If you could live anywhere in time, which part of history would you live in? Or would you take a chance on the future? Or stay in the present?
9. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
10. What would be your ultimate dream house if you could live anywhere and anything was possible?
11. Okay, and what would be your ultimate dream job?
Oh blah, I have to tag people? Okay, I guess I'll tag:
Or, you know, anyone else who wants to do this.
(And if you're busy, totally don't feel obligated to do this right away or anything.)OBLIGATORY TO-DO LIST FROM HELL:
The Almighty Webcomic of Doom:Goal: 100 backlog pages to be finished before launch:
Penciled: 124 pages
Inked: 94 pages, and six partly inked
Main Cover: About two-thirds painted, getting there!
Chapter Cover: In early stages of painting...
Website: Almost doneMiscellaneous:
Finishing old unfinished EA-LEC comics
Massively delayed Byako prizes for diana-hnd