Hey guys! With our group growing I figured I could use a bit more help running the show. So if you're interested in an administrative position, check out the info below!
Sequence: You'll START OFF AS A CONTRIBUTOR with limited responsibilities/freedoms for a trial period. After you've gotten used to helping run the show you can be promoted to Co-Founder if you want it. However if you don't follow the rules and constantly approve things that don't meet group requirements you may be demoted.
- ALL CONTESTS SUBMITTED MUST BE WORTH AT LEAST $50 FOR 1st PLACE PRIZE (4,000 pts, $50, 1 year core membership, etc.) This $50 rule is the most important rule; NO EXCEPTIONS. It's what makes us different from other contest groups; it's our defining rule. If art or other misc items are part of the prize, you MUST confirm it's value (ex: ask for a commission journal). ALWAYS make sure a contest is following the $50 rule before submitting/approving it. *Llamas, favs, watches, etc. have no solid value, so do not count them towards the $50 rule*
- Make sure everything is submitted to the correct folder. If someone has submitted something to the wrong folder you can either leave it for the Co-Founders/Founder to approve/move to the correct folder, OR you can deny it and comment on the submission process informing the submitter to resubmit to the correct folder.
- Make sure any art submitted to the "Contest Art" folder is for a CONTEST, we do not take just any submission. *Photography, photomanipulation, literature, etc. is okay, as long as it's an entry for a contest*
- You can approve incoming affiliation requests and send outgoing ones.
- Invite members. Have a friend you see joining contests or come across someone with contest collections? Shoot them an invite
CO-FOUNDERS: In addition to EVERYTHING listed in Contributors, you will also have the below responsibilities/freedoms
- Make sure no one is posting contests to the group comments *UNLESS THE CONTEST MEETS GROUP REQUIREMENTS--namely the $50 rule*
- You can update the "Featured Contests" section on the "Home" tab as needed (clear out closed contests; update with new, interesting, cool, and/or high-prize contests; stay under 10 featured contests please).
- You can submit to the featured folder in gallery (no contests--just contest entries like art or photography).
- You can edit almost everything on "Home", "About Us", "Gallery", "Favorites", "Journal", and "Admin Area" tabs.
- You can now view "Manage Members" and invite people to administrative positions.
- Make sure everything is submitted to the correct folder. Sometimes you'll have to approve things and then comment on the submission process to inform the member you've approved but moved the item to the correct folder.
FOUNDER: Yes, one day I'll eventually pass the torch along. Whoever shows the most dedication in group administration will probably take over as the new Founder. In this position you will have full control over everything. In addition to everything listed above in Contributors and Co-Founders, you'll also do the below
- Welcome new group members and thank watchers (until we have too many and it becomes impossible to stay on top of it).
- You can demote people.
- "Manage Members" > you get to decide who can do what. The group is yours
- Contributors/Co-Founders are completely free to join any group-hosted contests as long as they're not a judge.
- Always feel free to ask any questions to an administrator ranking above you, including me. We're here to help and make things run smoothly
- Contributors/Co-Founders, if someone submits something you're unsure about, you can leave it for another administrator to check out.
- Let the Founder do all the welcoming/thanking for new members/watchers. This just ensures we don't spam anyone's profile with our group
*BY REQUESTING A POSITION AS CONTRIBUTOR OR CO-FOUNDER YOU ARE STATING YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING ABOVE*
*DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
P.S. I'm still collecting points for our 1st group-hosted contest. If you're interested in helping the donation pool is on my profile (click the flying dragon above).