HOW TO BUILD GOOD LANDSCAPE with Mb3d(tutorial)
There is much much things to say, you need experiment and many tries..but i will try to give you some tips.
1) Build a landscape. "Amazing surf" is a very good start for this but you can combine it for better result. Find a good POV. See picture 1.
Remember to try some differents "DE stop value", sometimes a value of 3 or more is better than 1 to smooth the landscape.
2) Add a heigmapdifs in decombinate mode for the floor. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes tricky.
If you do not see the floor or if the floor masked the view, try to fix this with the rotate sliders of the heigtmap.(try value like 45, 90, 180 etc..), have a look to the x/y/z direction in the 3d viewer it can help you to fix it. Or try to adjust h (height). See picture 2 for result.
3) Choose a map for the floor so it would be not too flat.
you must adjust x, y size, and H (generally very small value like 0.05 or less is good) See picture 3(map) and 4.
4)Create a texture map with color marker like in picture 5 for example.
Make it big , something like 3000x3000. You can add more marker, or create color line etc..like your want.
Most important is cross line position. This is not perfect because texture is generally repeat more than one time, this
is mainly important for the plane part, andfor the separation line.
You can have texture only one time by changing scale button, but you will lose resolution in the front part.
5) Make a render with this texture map. See Picture 6 for adjustment, use wrap2 and scale near the black arrow as possible
See pic 7 for the render example.
6) Now you know where the texture goes, so you can paint the map with rocks,grass,water or whatever your want.
This is the longest task. Remember that the floor is quite horizontal from the camera view, so select texture
for the floor with this kind of point of view for a good result.Do not search for precision but mainly adjust floor line. (because you only have one texture slot inMb3d, this is the problem)
See Picture 8 as an example of a quick texture map for a beach.
7) Adjust texture position with offset x and y, lights, shadows and more to improve it, try to hidden bad part with shadows or light color if there is some.
Make a big render and resize it in lower size for antialiasing.
Adjust saturation, contrast, brightness in postprocessing if necessary (all is important to have a really good render!)
Hope it will help you.
poca2hontas November Feature 2015WELCOME TO MY NOVEMBER FEATURE
firstly a reminder that we have a Christmas Baubles Contest running
Folder Now Open!
Max 2 entries per member and you must mention the group and contest in your description, all fractal programmes and fractal Manipulations accepted
contest ends on 13th December followed by voting and winners will be announced in my December 20th feature!
oh yes and there are prizes including having your work featured here and in a couple of other groups and:
1st: 50 points
2nd: 30 points
3rd: 15 points
Congrats goes to:
Than try to use rotate sliders of amazingsurf , move camera and so on... This is not easy at beginning but with time you will find new things Inside easily.