Fur fright Con Report
|4 min read
2.6K Views|1 Today
This year's Furfright/Furpocalypse was the greatest one yet!!! This time my mate landisf  landisf was there. Also joining me again was my long time convention buddy katthefoxtaur  katthefoxtaur and his mate Bacon.

Thursday we arrived around noon, Thursday is usually the slow and relaxing day. I owe a huge amount of thank you to Matthew Shaman for letting me stay with him in line which ended up saving me an hour+ worth of waiting in line for the slow ass pre-registration line. Anthrocon's and AnimeNext's one is way quicker and more efficient. Upon receiving my ticket, I then had dinner up in the room with Landis, Kat, and Bacon when we all reassembled. We also went swimming which ended up prematurely wearing out the purple in my hair due to the chlorine.

Friday was the first main day for the con, I headed straight for the Frisky Beast table to purchase a new toy to play around with, plus got one of the limited edition holiday egg toys, it came in one of these little halloween goodie bags, with some random stuff inside. Then after a good ol fashioned nap, me and Landis had a nice dinner at the Hotel restaurant, Sheffield's. I ran into Inu, Frizzle, teegan  teegan, Kami, and Melody, as well as gamesport88  gamesport88.

Saturday was the big day, I got up early and met up with zumzumfoxy  zumzumfoxy and tempesta  tempesta as they arrived at the con. Shortly thereafter, my high school friends showed up as well. Me and Zum were in the fursuit parade together. Unfortunately something went wrong during the parade. I got to the staging area and was beginning to overheat badly. I had to jump the line to get into the parade so I could at least get the airflow from walking. At the end of the route I had to bow out of the parade and rest on a bench and waited for Beeton, Landis, and Zum to help me get to the group photo area. After hobbling over there, I started to feel really faint as I was standing there. I almost passed out twice, Caine gripped my arm tightly to keep me conscious. After the parade I carefully got back to my room, got my suit off and got a bunch of water to rehydrate myself and took a nap. I woke up around 3 and helped Mike get to the Super 8 to check into his hotel room. After hanging out there a short while, we headed back to the con to rejoin up with Caine at the silicone toy making panel, of which Caine was watching intently to learn some tips and techniques for selling stuff at the con. He has a truly great creative mind and I really hope he finds success at selling at furry cons. Dinner was at the Hibachi place, Me, Landis, Caine, Mike, Beeton, hypr  hyprspirayeayecat  spirayeayecat, Tajiri, as well as Kat and Bacon had Hibachi dinner and it was super yummy. After that I wasnt fully over my heat exhaustion it seems as I started to see black spots while we were hanging out in the social area at the far end of the hotel. I briefly lost consciousness and fell off the chair i was sitting on and hit the back of my neck on a chair next to me which then woke me up, and I remember laying there and Landis and Will were screaming MARIE WAKE UP! MARIE!! and I woke up and they helped me get back to my room so I could rest. Caine and Frizzle came up to see how I was doing and made sure I was safe.

Sunday I got up kinda early cuz of the Daylight Savings thing and took one last lap around, said my goodbyes, which included double parking at the Super 8 behind Zum's car so he couldn't leave without saying goodbye hehe. After doing another lap around the con area me and Landis drove home.

I really look forward to next year's Furpocalypse. The next furry con on my schedule is New Years Furry Ball in Newark Del.
anonymous's avatar
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Sign In
Comments (1)
serlink12's avatar
serlink12|Hobbyist General Artist
cool sound it was really fun 
Reply  ·  
©2019 DeviantArt
All Rights reserved