View the complete rules, rights, and F.A.Q. here:
Here's a snippet of the rules:
(Basically all you need to know to be a member!)
.:Rules for prompt-it-up:.
01. Anyone can join! Anyone can participate and respond to prompts but only members can post to the group gallery. (Non-members can post their responses to the group's favorites.)
02. Please be respectful of other members of the group.
03. Participation is encouraged but not enforced.
04. Only submissions that respond to a prompt may be submitted to the galleries.
05. Any and all mediums are accepted! This includes but is not limited to: Digital, traditional, literature, photography, film, make-up, sculpture, etc.
.:Rules for Submitting Work to the Galleries:.
**Your work must adhere to deviantART's rules first and foremost!**
01. Make sure you're posting to the correct gallery!
Current Jams - Features art responding to the current week's jam. When a new jam is up, these artworks will be moved to Past Jam Sessions.
02. In the Artist's Comments of your piece, you must state the prompt you're responding to and mention the group's name.
03. The Featured gallery will be reserved for above average and exceptional works. This section requires 3 votes (which is a unanimous consent of the administration) to be accepted, so do not get upset if your work is rejected.
04. You may respond to a prompt however you'd like in whatever medium or art/writing form you prefer. You may approach it in an art/writing form you're very familiar with, or experiment with a new one. A response is a response. If a prompt addresses "you" as the subject, this does not mean you have to insert yourself into the response. You may insert any subject in your response so long as it is responding to the prompt.