Project Educate: An Interview with bebefromtheblockby Lintu47
bebefromtheblock is an inspiring artist living in Germany with one of the most colourful galleries on dA that I’ve ever seen. Her stunning skills and creativity are a source of inspiration to all photographers around. Aside from her well known photos, she also draws, although photography remains her primary way to express her artistic side. I had the luck to be able to interview her last week and below is what I’ve found out.
1) If you could bring one deceased legendary artist back to the current time, who would it be and why them?
Johann Sebastian Bach & Kurt Cobain (because 2 is better than one), although I think it's not necessary to bring a deceased legendary artist back to the current time, since Clint Eastwood and Anthony Kiedes are still around.
2) Who or what inspired you to take on the art form that you focus in?
Kate Moss and Gwyneth Paltrow, and Myself… hehe. When I was a teen I liked and used to take photographs of myself, but today I only focus on still life and a little bit of conceptual.
For still life (conceptual) what inspires me are small things, cute things; I bought a lot of things just for photography purpose… well I kept them as decoration, but I almost have no room at home anymore. Basically everything around us can inspire us, people, someone's legs… Buildings, garbage, someone's shoes. I’ve always had this desire to take a photo of dreadlocks on people I see on the street, but I'm always too shy to ask them.
3) We all have bad days – when we believe that our work is not good enough, what would you suggest is the best way to overcome these and keep creating?
Take a break and take a walk, do window shopping, watch cartoons, listen to music and dance? And then try it again.
4) Do you feel that art is an isolating hobby in itself or not?
Yes and no, sometimes it can be, as for me I like creating something when I'm alone at home, but on the net we are connecting to each other, I mean on dA.
5) You have been selected to go on an all expense paid holiday for three days with historical figures, an artist, a writer and one free choice. Who would you take?
Well I don't know, if the person isn’t Clint Eastwood … Then I'd rather go alone.
6) What is your biggest challenge personally in creating your work?
To make me satisfied with the final results.
Taking pictures without a tripod.
7) What new art techniques have you discovered this year?
This year? Come on, the year of the dragon has just started, I have nothing yet, besides I hate technique topics, this is why I like to be an amateur.
8) When are you most creative and why? Time of day/week/season etc.
Let's say, when it's raining, sunny days, season… absolutely spring... When the bunnies are in love… and autumn…
9) Are you professionally trained in art – have you been to college or a university to study it?
No, I am 100% an amateur who wants to do Photography professionally…
10) Finally, describe an insecurity you deal with in making art.
I'm always secure with what I am doing, maybe that will be different if I become a professional Photographer, where I have to make my Client satisfied first and then myself.
Thank you bebefromtheblock!