Demigender (from demi "half" + "gender") is an umbrella term for nonbinary gender identities that have a partial connection to a certain gender. This includes the partly female identity demigirl, and the partly male identity demiboy. There are other partial genders using the "demi-" prefix for the same reasons. The “other part” may or may not be known.
Genderqueer is an umbrella term with a similar meaning to non-binary, but has existed longer. It can be used to describe any gender identities other than man and woman, thus outside of the gender binary. Genderqueer identities can include one or more of the following:
- Both man and woman.
- Neither man nor woman (genderless, agender, Neutrois).
- Moving between genders (gender fluid).
- Third gender or other-gender.
- Those who do not or cannot place a name to their gender.
- Having an overlap of, or blurred lines between, gender identity and sexual orientation.