as her name implies, Alacrity is energetic, cheerful and enthusiastic.
Ala's cute and dangerous, mischief is what she's all about;
and she's sexy but more in an innocent, playful way rather than a sexual way.
to help you into Ala's mindset, I think these might sum her up best:sta.sh/#/dvf3okhgfaq
- Ala is usually in motion, fidgety even at rest
- she has a raspy voice (think of a soprano with mild laryngitis); Ala can be selfconscious about this at times, it does affect her~! but hard to show in art .. a little shyness perhaps~?
- she can get very cranky because she isn't taken seriously, it is hard for her to get her opinions across .. Of course that only makes her seem more pathetic or amusing.
- as a result, Ala finds it easier to kill people than negotiate with them, and she is occasionally sad at the unnecessary deaths she causes.
- Alacrity loves to wear showy outfits
<- Individually, her fave colours are blue-purples, browns, black, greys, soft pink, appx in that order
- likes water, snow, blood, flowers, running, acrobatics, peoplewatching, being watched
- dislikes poison, ninjas, intoxication, intimacy, authority, the supernatural, creepycrawlies, cooking
- Alacrity is susceptible to toxins, even alcohol and nicotine, so she doesn't trust any prepared food and prefers to eat things rawHistory
The setting is sci-fantasy, like Chronicles of Riddick, Dune, or (more obscure)
Jorune, and perhaps the worlds in Miéville's novels.
Bladerunner and The Matrix are also good parallels, though they are more dark-scifi than sci-fantasy.
Alacrity is not superpowered. Her abilities are not too far beyond human elite capacity, which due to her tiny size only make her about as tough as say a 200lb soldier, which is rather remarkable for a small woman, but laughable in comparison to most action-oriented characters.
Even an average grunt, in a face-to-face confrontation, is a significant challenge (Ala can kill one unarmed, but stands a good chance of getting hurt or killed herself).
Alacrity isn't quite human, and she has other forms; as an early teen, experiments activated her inhuman DNA, making her somewhat capable of MK-style fatalities, with a personality/mentality to match. Pumped full of inhuman hormones, Alacrity as a juvenile is harder/faster/stronger and scarier, than she is fully-grown sta.sh/016f6ae69vua
However fascinating that aspect of her, I mostly prefer to focus on Alacrity in her more human, adult form (still a little beyond human limits).
Ala's real name is Tanya Moeller.
She begins as a genetic experiment, codenamed Alacrity, an assassin-construct, but she eventually falls short of her controllers expectations.
Little Tanya is highly promising at first, frighteningly lethal at an early age.
The EugeniX Corporation [TEC] accelerate her dna with the hormones of a native predator.
Ala's strength and speed develop way beyond human limits, but she also became difficult to control.
She ruined one mission too many, and had a habit of destroying valuable assets, so TEC regretfully evaluate Alacrity as a failed experiment and an unpredictably dangerous liability.
EugeniX decide to send Alacrity on a suicide mission, in which she escapes.
She flees far away, her abilities well-suited to survival. Eventually, Ala's hormones return to "normal" level, her enhanced abilities subside and she regains more control over herself.
She is recaptured for a series of crimes and sent to the far colonies as a convict, where she again breaks free.
Now on the run, Alacrity makes her living as an outcast, a vagabond and rogue.
Although Alacrity was developed to be a deadly assassin, she is more pirate than ninja. That is, she is playful, and adopts ferocity and bluff, rather than stealth.
She is unpredictable, and might spare someone she is assigned to kill, or kill someone at random.
Alacrity is not motivated by hate.
If she gets mad enough to act on her impulses, she'd do something then and there, disembowel someone and then walk off .. but her emotions wouldn't last long.
Blood can trigger Ala's jagd-wyrm instincts.
The feel and taste of blood (but not mere sight/smell) excites Alacrity (thanks to her jagd-wyrm dna), to the point where she loses control, so also repels her afterwards.
Hence Ala prefers bone-breaking, which also excites her but without repelling her - she remains in control.
Sexually, Alacrity prefers to be uke with men, ie she is attracted to badder asses than herself, often leading to abusive relationships.
When Ala is attracted to women, she prefers to be seme.
- Ostensibly straight, Alacrity is better described as "Pansexual" ie, she will couple with anyone of any gender who is pretty or playful enough to attract her.
- Alacrity is attracted to aggression in men, ie alpha males. She typically ends up with the Villain, rather than the Hero. Thus her partners are often even more violent than she is, and Ala ends up fleeing for her life ..
- Ala is actually sexually quite naiive, but very curious and will try anything. She enjoys rough play; about 25% of her playmates end up with serious injury, but she doesn't intentionally kill anyone she makes love with.
- On the other hand, like many stereotypical female assassins, Alacrity might well have sex with someone she intends to kill ..
In such a case, she won't necessarily be uke, and can play-act seme very convincingly.
lotta stuff that ISN'T written, trying to keep this brief, clarifed some FAQ's;
I can fill you in on so much more, depending on how much time you & I have spare :}