The winner of this contest is <a href="x-silentscreams-x
>=x-SilentScreams-x with entry #2. Congrats!Contest Entries
1. BORROWING by <a href="Sapient-Butterfly.deviantart.c…
>~Sapient-ButterflyInspired by: lucia-moonflower.deviantart.co… gaiatheory.deviantart.com/art/… twilightlavender.deviantart.co…
Ill take a dip into this,
My well of inspiration,
Draw on your words
To instil my own, in
Pursuit of artistic creation.
Perhaps from you I would take
The emotion poured into your verse.
Word crafted love, that bleeds
Struggle, pain and betrayal.
To reach its end, sharp and terse.
Or perhaps Ill turn to you,
Capture the pictures that you paint.
Foreboding drawn in words,
Like knives cut through the earth,
Rid the world of its taint.
Or another friend I could look to,
For your macabre sense of humour.
To take lifes hardships
And still force a smile, from
What despair could easily devour.
So as I sit and try to write
Some new and meaningful creation.
I shall turn to you,
My fellow crafters of words,
For friends, youre my inspiration.
2. UNTITLED by <a href="x-silentscreams-x
>=x-SilentScreams-xInspired by: poetoffire.deviantart.com/art/… redredvalentine.deviantart.com… aillesdors.deviantart.com/art/…
Janie, do you remember when we believed?
How we baptized ourselves in the river
Telling each other that God would save us both
And everything would someday be okay
Janie, I am hiding behind black lace
And blocking out the pastors words
He asks us to honor and remember your life
But, just like you, I only want to forget
3. CHILDREN'S TEA by ~TocTicTocTicInspired by: luciademure.deviantart.com/art… heroesforghosts.deviantart.com… aavis.deviantart.com/art/Inert…
But the only word to escape is 'please'
In remembrance of what once was before
Seeing that perfect quarter length smile
Sipping tea she didn't like that I implore(d)
Tipping and drip from the brim of her lip
Drip. Drip-drip, Drip-drop--
And sugar and milk would follow as well
Her mother did scold us for that little stain
Wishing it'd last, that childhood of ours
Her mother's glare would ask if she should stay
But the only word to escape is 'please'Contest Details
As Aficianados, you have proclaimed yourselves to be versatile poets, who both write and read what others have written. It is likely that youve found inspiration in what others have written, taking snippits of information and developing them into your own story and voice. Conversely, by putting your work out there, youve provided inspiration for other writers as well.
Your goal for this contest is to write a poem that uses inspiration drawn from other writers, particularly your fellow PoetryPlease members. Perhaps they experimented with a unique style or form that youd like to try, or they used an unusual image that you think you can apply to something in your own life, or maybe they simply set a tone in their poem that youd like to accomplish in your own. Whatever the inspiration, we want to see how you use the writing of others to inspire your own.
Now, bear in mind, were not looking for plagiarism here. You dont need to go taking an entire line out of someone elses poem and transposing into your own. If you are going to quote someone, you need to credit them, as with any form of writing. In fact, due to the nature of the contest, wed like you to include links to the three poems you used so we can see from whence you drew your inspiration.
Your poem may be on any theme and in any form. All we ask is that you challenge yourself and experiment a little through the inspiration of your fellow members.Contest Rules
1. You must be an Aficianado on PoetryPleases <a href="poetryplease.deviantart.com/jo…
>Member List to enter this contest.
2. You must choose at least three poems, and they must be by other PoetryPlease members. Check the <a href="poetryplease.deviantart.com/jo…
>Member List to be sure.
3. Your poem must not
be submitted as a deviation. Send your entry in the body of a note with the subject line Inspiritors Contest. Include links to the three poems that inspired your entry.
4. Your entry must be received by 10pm EST on January 31, 2009, at which time the poems will be posted and the voting process will begin.
5. All poems are to remain anonymous until the voting process is completed.
6. When voting begins, votes may be sent by note with Contest Vote in the subject, or left as a comment on this deviation. If a comment is left, only the number of the poem may be included otherwise the vote will be invalid.