Welcome to PoeticalCondition's Journal!
I'm Chezzy-Am, Head of the Critique Department.
So, what's today's update?
Critique Folder Opening!Hello everyone and welcome to :iconpoeticalcondition:!
I am NotenSMSK, the team head of the critiquing team on this group that I hope will increase with time so that our members can have more feedbacks. Here is something I would like to state. We are at the moment, ensuring that works that come in will get good feedbacks from peopleof different mindsets to provide you with varying perspectives over a single work. That means, not all of our critiques might seem similar and some might even seem unfair.
In case it is unfair, you note ME. No need to get in a fight. It will be best though, that minor issues, like a critique of 3 stars, is not discussed. We will try to give out honest critiques to help improve the work rather than ensure you that it is good.
Also, since at the moment, including me, we have 4 total team members:
:iconprettyflour: :iconmichel-le-fou: :iconshehrozeameen: :icontwilightpoetess:
Each of course has a real life as well and problems in life are like icing on cak
Its been quite a while now since these rules were posted by the department's founder, NotenSMSK, so after much deliberation and with mutual consideration, the new rules are now as follows:
The current rules for this Critique Department include the following:
- Submission limit to 2 per 15 days. This is per deviant, by the way.
- Each deviation will be guaranteed 1 to 2 unique critiques/comments within the month in which the deviation was submitted. This rule is subject to Rule 4, 7 and 8 as well.
- If critiques/comments are less than stated then contact Michel-le-fou or Chezzy-Am. Please provide a week's time to the person you've submitted the complaint to. Details are provided in the Complaint Process.
- If critique option is available on a work, it may be utilized (based on the preference of the critic), unless or otherwise stated by the deviant in the description. If the critique was not accepted, they will be provided in comments in case of the deviant's lack of response to the said critique.
- Specific aspects that the deviant wants to be discussed should be stated in the description beforehand. What does this mean? It means, simply, that if you have specific questions you would like the critic to respond to, then these questions will form the template for the critique (again, based on the preference of the critic). Furthermore, this is subject to Rule 4.
- In case the critique option is utilized, don't reject a critique on basis of it being inadequate. The critique may not be what you might have expected, but it is meant to help you improve as a poet and as a writer. If the critique is VERY unfair, contact Michel-le-fou or Chezzy-Am (Rule 3).
- Don't ask for critiques on works not submitted to the group UNLESS the critique team member is a close friend.
- If a team member has already submitted a comment other than a one liner that is reasonably constructive, they shall not be obliged to critique again.
- Breaking these rules in an exaggerated manner (trolls, egoism, diva breakdown, and inflammatory language) will result in immediate removal of the work from the critique folder. No compromises will be made on this point.
- Acknowledgement from the deviant is welcome - it doesn't necessarily mean a reply from you, any form (fav, llama, watch, or even a comment on the critic's work) is welcome.
- First Contact Michel-le-fou with your complaint as a note, with subject header "Complaint on Critique Provided by PC Critic".
- Your note should contain the thumb and link to the work, followed by why you found it inadequate (i.e. inflammatory language, vague, inconsistent with the deviation).
- If the complaint was not resolved in a span of 7 days, forward the complaint to Chezzy-Am.
- Trolls and any form of egotistical behavior will not be entertained. Refer to "Rules of Critique" Number 9.
And that's it really. We hope to see more of your works soon. Cheers, and happy submitting.