PSA; THE COMPETITION FOLDER WAS PREVIOUSLY LOCKED UNINTENTIONALLY AND IS NOW OPEN!
Redraw the oldest pixel-art piece of your own that you have saved!
Sometimes it's hard to see how you've improved over time, but realising improvement in your work can be an incredibly motivating thing; not just for you yourself, but for others that see your improvement too.
Note, you MUST be a group member in order to submit work to the gallery!
- All new works should be drawn from scratch.
- The final piece should be presented with old and new work side-by-side in order to show transition, improvement and innovation. Alternatively, you can produce an animation where you show the old work transitioning into the new one.
- Entries created before the submission date of this journal are not valid (this means you cannot submit work under the same premise that was created before this date.)
- Entries should comply with the group guidelines and rules (fav.me/d3snhzs). ALL WORK SHOULD BE YOUR OWN, this is an individual contest!For example, as base submissions are no longer accepted to the group, entries constituting of base-work will not be accepted.
ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED ON;
Shading - Does the shading look natural? Is shading appropriate or excessive? Are materials like metal and glass shaded appropriately?
Composition - How are subjects in the image brought together? How unique is the perspective?
Technique - Is the image over anti-aliased? Is there too much dithering, or just enough? What stands out the most? How are colours used?
(inferred) meaning and/or inspiration - What provides the backbone for the piece? Why was it drawn, and what does it hope to inspire? If nothing else, what feelings does it invoke in the artist or judge?
Presentation - How is the work presented? Is there a clear transition of improvement?
Choice of colours - Are colours excessive or appropriately used? If a limit palette is used, is it used to its full potential?
Support your other artists and comment on their work!
START DATE; JULY 15TH 2018
END DATE; JULY 29TH 2018
- 1ST 1200 points, front page feature, Page doll (non-feral) courtesy of omateki, pixel chibi (female characters only) by mewsu, one pixel doll by moyairo, 95x95px pixel portrait by Mittersnatch
- 2ND 860 points, front page feature, 100x100 headshot courtesy of omateki, one pixel doll by moyairo
- 3RD 560 points, front page feature, 50x50 headshot courtesy of omateki, one icon by moyairo
- Most improved - front page feature and... 300 points
- Most unique - feature and... 300 points
- Most ambitious - front page feature and...300 points