So here are the finished Victorian costumes I have been working on for the last month or so.
My costume a 1865 Carriage dress and bonnet consist of
Gown, inner sleeves, outer skirt, corset, camisole, pantaloons, hoop skirt, petticoat and tool bussle. I made all of these pieces my self from either McCall's or Butterick patterns. Check my journal soon for exact details.
My boyfriends costume was put together more than made. I ran short of time, so the only thing I really made for him was his top hat. I found the tutorial I used from Choiky's gallery, and his tip top hat tutorial <object width="450" height="1060"><
aram name="movie" value="https://backend.deviantart.com/embed/view.swf" /><
aram name="flashvars" value="id=103451650&width=1337" /><
aram name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="https://backend.deviantart.com/embed/view.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" flashvars="id=103451650&width=1337" height="1060" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>The Tip Top Hat Tutorial
The shirt and pants he already had and we just bought a vest at a local thrift store for 5 dollars and I flattened out the bottom.
All in all I am thrilled with the way it all came out. I will post more pictures later. Consider this a kind of preview