and welcome to our group, feel free to join and submit, the point is to get more views and appreciation for photo-manipulations
Here are the rules:
1. Submissions are limited to 1 per day.
2. Submissions with no stock photo references will be declined (please indicate if you used your own stock).If possible please insure that the stock ref is a link to the actual image used and not just a general site or deviant page!
2b. GOOGLE IS NOT A LEGITIMATE STOCK REF!
3. Stock photo submissions must clearly be labeled as stock in the description in order to have them placed in the stock folder.
4. If an image is of a poor quality or could be improved it will also be declined, so please only submit your best works
5. Please submit all works to the Featured 2 folder.
6. Compositions must be classified within or under one of the following:
Digital Art / Photomanipulation
Digital Art / Mixed Media†
Resources & Stock Images
Customization / Wallpaper / Photo Manipulated
Only submit photomanipulations that include LEGITIMATE stock images. Taking something from somewhere on the Internet and using it does not make it yours. Unless you can prove that you have had permission to use images found on the Net, we will have to refuse your submission. You must LINK to all stock sources, THE WEB PAGE WHERE THE ACTUAL IMAGE WAS FOUND, or other resource (such as brushes), NOT JUST TO THE dA ACCOUNT OR WEBSITE. If you use your own stock, or have purchased stock that does not require a link back, please state this. FYI, Google and Imageshack are NOT legitimate stock sites. If the stock you have used has been removed, STATE THIS, don't just let us guess, your composition will be declined.
Message From the Founder
I am the Founder of this group, and I do have legitimate reasons for why the rules of the group are as stated (not that I feel the need to justify them , but for clarity's sake I will explain my reasons). You may not know this, but when I first founded the group I only had one rule and that was that the piece had to be a photo-manipulation, other than that there were no stipulations and all submissions were accepted, however immediately I had notes and comments asking why I was allowing the promotion of stolen art! I informed these people that I was not 'policing' the art work/deviations that were submitted and that the group was merely a tool to help deviants spread there photo-manipulation work, however this was not well received and as a manipulator and stock artist who had been stolen from in the past I could clearly see the need for some basic rules, so I simply added the rule that all stock's used must be credited. However I soon found out that when people were using none stock images or copyrighted images they would simply not put a link, so I then added the rule that if your own stock image is being used then you must add that also in description. As the group became more and more popular the contributors were finding it difficult to go through the volume of deviations we were getting submitted and find the image used through the stock provider, so to make it easier for the contributors I asked if members would please link directly to the stock image used (this does not make any difference to the artists but can save my admins hours of work). dA is a site to help promote and share art of all levels, and that's what we try to do here at photomanipulation-da, we also try to encourage original art and our admins go out of their way to help the group members and give positive feedback, we often give tips and tutorials and all we ask in return is that people stick to our few rules, if they do not appeal to any deviants then I would recommend that they don't join a group like ours, however if these small adjustments can mean that a talented artist can get some recognition then please feel free to join and submit! We accept all deviants and will try to help in any way we can.
Thank you Alexsandrea Hunter (aka thevoiceofheart)
A few submissions are getting rejected, and that's a shame. Some of the submissions that get rejected show some of the MOST EXCEPTIONAL talent that we have seen!
We just HATE having to hit the decline button, but rules are rules.
TOP REASONS YOUR COMP WILL GET REJECTED:
1) NO stock references.
2) Reference links to deviantArt user PROFILES.
3) Reference links to deviantArt 'search' results.
4) Reference links to external stock provider pages that do not feature the resource used, or deviantART user gallery folders.
5) Direct** reference links to images.
6) Use of non-stock photos--WITHOUT STATING THAT YOU HAVE PERMISSION.
7) Broken reference links. (Double check them.)
8) Incorrectly classified artwork (See rules on group home page.)
9) You submitted a composition that is a simple cutout & background replacement.
10) You submitted a photo-edit using basic filters from Photoshop/GIMP/etc.
11) You submitted a scan or digital painting/drawing/sketch.
** Deviations that have 'direct' image links are those that resolve to the RAW image URL, instead of the web page it was found on.
We're not a top level manipulation group. WE'RE EASY! Follow the reference linking rules, give it your best effort, and 99% of what you submit will get accepted.
If you are confused about how to correctly format HTTP links, or have any other questions about group policies or rules, please feel free to message ehoagland66 (me) and I will do my best to explain it to you.
This blog entry is meant to help people get more of their work accepted. It is in that spirit that it is meant. We would like to see everyone get featured! We like hitting the "Accept" button! Little help?
† - mixed media compositions must source at least one photographic element.
Thank you, Eric J Hoagland ehoagland66